News:

Main Menu

Trackpad II

Started by Ear, March 15, 2017, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Ordered myself a MacBook Pro... supposed to arrive tomorrow. I shall name him Necron 99, already ordered a creepy skin and everything. lolz

Anyway, I can't really work on the little trackpad so it's either mouse or Trackpad II. I hated the magic mouse at first, but gesturing is just too slick to not try to get the hang of, so I did. Can't help but think the trackpad would be cool, so long as things like zooming and selecting precise points in Indy and Photoshop, Illy, etc... would be as easy or easier than a mouse. Especially for couch computing.

Anyone have a chance to try production with one of these things? Or is it the new version of the trackballs that were prevalent in the 90s (they sucked, IMO).
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Never used it. Let us know how it is. Hopefully it is not the 2nd coming of the hockey puck mouse.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

:rotf:  "let us know"

soooo... did I just nominate myself Trackpad Guinea Pig? 
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

and LOL Joe... the immortal hockey puck. I actually cut the cord off one and let my kids play street hockey with it... it broke in like 2 seconds.

As much as I am using other touch screens these days, it just seems the natural evolution. My kids already scoff at the concept of a mouse... like on Star Trek 4 "how quaint"

Joe

Quote from: Ear on March 15, 2017, 05:08:31 PM:rotf:  "let us know"

soooo... did I just nominate myself Trackpad Guinea Pig?

I thought you were volunteering... :rotf:

Joe

Quote from: Ear on March 15, 2017, 05:11:04 PMand LOL Joe... the immortal hockey puck. I actually cut the cord off one and let my kids play street hockey with it... it broke in like 2 seconds.

As much as I am using other touch screens these days, it just seems the natural evolution. My kids already scoff at the concept of a mouse... like on Star Trek 4 "how quaint"

My only laptop is a Chromebook. Every time I try using it I keep pressing my finger on the screen. Nothing happens no matter how much I tap.

:facepalm:

Farabomb

I'm still using a track ball. Laugh all you want it works for me and keeps people off my computer.

I have a few gestures I use at the computer but they rarely produce any result. I have them on my android but don't use them all that often.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

I gesture at my plotters (talking to YOU, Spinjet) and it at least makes me feel better. 

:gom:

David

I'm gesturing right now...  can you guess what my gesture is?

hint: one hand is upraised and most of the fingers are clinched...   
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on March 16, 2017, 10:54:24 AMI'm gesturing right now...  can you guess what my gesture is?

hint: one hand is upraised and most of the fingers are clinched...

[attachimg=1 width=96]?

David

close, really close...

Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

I'm typing this from my new MBP.  :banana:

I gotta say, the built in trackpad, with new gesturing and touch bar are super slick. I might not need a peripheral control at all.

David

looks great, the new mac spells nicely and has shiny new letters!
Good Job!

:rotf:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

I dunno...some of those letters look suspicious to me. The new Macbook Pro might have been tampered with by the Russians. You can't trust those damn Russians these days.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca