News:

Main Menu

Roku

Started by DigiCorn, February 22, 2012, 09:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delooch

i was thinking the BT option would be a good crossover for the smartphone, as typing on a touchphone is a PITA.

Joe

Quote from: delooch on February 29, 2012, 02:45:26 PMi was thinking the BT option would be a good crossover for the smartphone, as typing on a touchphone is a PITA.

I see. I have a stupid phone so I don't need it. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

it is actually very similar to the slide out kb some of the smartphones I've had in the past have had
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

delooch

i dont think ive ever owned a BT device that worked like it was supposed to.  tried a KB combo before, every time it woke from "sleep" mode the pc we see it as a new device.

t-pat

this little keyboard goes to sleep after a while, you have to hit a key on it to wake it up. It also has a power switch on the side so you can fully shut it off for long term disuse.

the laser pointer is good for playing with cats.
vdp donkey

Joe

Roku Channel Database: Roku Channel Database

The unofficial Roku channel guide annotated Feb_March 2012
[smg id=715 type=av]

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on March 01, 2012, 01:45:55 AMRoku Channel Database: Roku Channel Database

The unofficial Roku channel guide annotated Feb_March 2012
[smg id=715 type=av]
Dude, that rocks! Kudos! :goodpost:

Just sat here and entered a bunch of these. Only about half of them work, but of the ones I added, several I was already using with PlayOn. Still some gems, though. like Funny or Die and the Onion.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

I installed HGTV and Food Network for the wife, which added properly. Then, when attempting to demo, I was greeted with "The owner of this content has asked that it be removed." It does work on PlayOn, though.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I saw over on the Roku forums where HGTV asked that it's content be removed. Right now it's a bug fustercluck between the broadcasters and all these little companies trying to stream their content. What you see today is probably not what you'll see tomorrow.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2012, 09:50:31 AMI saw over on the Roku forums where HGTV asked that it's content be removed. Right now it's a bug fustercluck between the broadcasters and all these little companies trying to stream their content. What you see today is probably not what you'll see tomorrow.
That's what happened when I started on Boxee Box. If it did all the stuff they promised, and all the stuff it was capable of, it's be hands down he device. Greed rules.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I sometimes like to turn captions on. Roku only supports captions if you have an external .srt file which are easy enough to find. But I've yet to find one that syncs properly with voices of the movie. Most of them are off by 5 to 10 seconds. Anyone know of an easy way to sync them?

t-pat

there's no offset adjustment in what you're using to play it?
vdp donkey

DigiCorn

If anyone is serious about buying one, I'm serious about pimping them.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: t-pat on March 02, 2012, 12:32:51 PMthere's no offset adjustment in what you're using to play it?

Just playing them from the USB drive hooked to the Roku. I don't see anything in there about changing the sync rate.

I can get subtitles to play in stand alone Plex but they show up as garbled text playing a movie on the Roku via the Plex channel.

Joe

Quote from: Joe on February 29, 2012, 11:45:29 AMI just went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. FAVI Entertainment Wireless Keyboard (Built-in TouchPad/Laser Pointer) - Black

I got this bad boy on Saturday. Works well. No drivers to install. It just works. I don't have a usb port on the front of the box so the receiver is plugged into the back of the PC. Still works. Takes some practice to get used to but so far it is an awesome little tool. The only little complaint I have is with the backlit keys, there are a few that are not as bright as most of them.