"Phantom" font info

Started by frailer, October 15, 2008, 09:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Had to do another quick/urgent/dirty PDF for emailing to Foil finishers. Some non-communication; front cover had guy's name in 15% Cyan, knocked out of his pic, instead of Silver foil. Oops...panic...etc. Op who did it away today. So muggins gets to pick up the fag-ends from the footpath and try and smoke 'em.
Got the PREPS-created PDF...FC+BC, gripped to foot. Find that the image is a TIFF. On FC just his pic +TIFF[fancy name in "scroll"]. BC has full-page pic+some type in...as it turns out, Clarendon Light. Delete everything else except the required TIFF...Save As/rename PDF. Give TIFF a nominal 877 Spot. All in Pitstop.
Send off in mad panic.

But then I got to thinking I had one bounce in similar circumstances few months back. Even though my new PDF pre-flighted OK, showed all embedded,; when I saved as EPS and re-Distilled, it errored because it was flagging the Clarendon Light as missing. [I'd deleted it, of course].
As a further exercise, I opened the EPS in Illy>Outline View>deleted the fag-end references to ClarendonLight off the back cover...Save. re-Distill; all good.

The reason I EPS'd? Last time that's what worked for the finisher, [you don't know what/how old their RIPs are...].
Just wanted to try and "expunge" all reference to the unwanted/deleted font. Seems the only way was via Illy.
Would love to hear the odd comment... :cheesy:

Oh, yeah, Illy was flagging it as missing font as well. Until I flicked the entrails... :evil:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Further question, if I may. Was flying blind on this one. Sent PDF with TIFF in place, as is. Foil guys have phoned to say imake just under .05mm short either side. May get away with it...[it would normally overprint, but being a "rescue", it was knocked out]. So, tiny bit of 15% Cyan peeping either end. They are prolly getting to get their film providers to "stretch" it. I, meanwhile am working on similar in case I have to flick 'em a revised one.

But, When I stretch the TIFF in the 'x' direction by 100.6%, there is cutting off. Can anyone indicate how to expand the "box" the TIFF is in so it doesn't cut off? Am fiddling this moment, [see attached]. Have expanded the Inspector Box to protect the innocent...  :rolleyes:

..'s OK...just had to select the underlying "Art" Box...see 2nd attached. Love this time zone...answer your own queries... :laugh:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Yessiree...that's how to do it. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Ya well...been one of those days. No call back from the "foiler". Musta been able to "stretch" it themselves.    :relieved:

beermonster

stretch?

fantastic - takes me back to when we only had film supplied - didn't fit one of out cutter guides - a DIRECTOR here said it was fine and studio would just stretch it

yeah - ok........ :rolleyes:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Captain_Type

Here's something we use when jobs won't quite fit on press...

:rolleyes:

Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter