Working with Font Explorer

Started by jezza, September 09, 2007, 01:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Seems most of the bug fixes are for you Leopard users. Still, updated anyway.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

ive been using font explorer all day seems to work better than suitcase

jezza

one sick prepress mofo

MonkeyBoy

Now just gimme the Windows version and I'll be happy. ATM Deluxe isn't going to work forever.

Tracy

yeah i hope they come out with the windows version soon!

frailer

...and don't forget the cache cleaners and other stuff under the "Tools" menu. They work!    :smiley:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

pmhapp

DigitalCrapShoveler

BUT, you can still DL the free version. Yeah, it was bound to happen. It is superior in too many ways to stay free. Oh well. :cry:
Member #285 - Civilian

PrepressCrapFixer

It is a very good product and they deserve to get paid for their superiority over the competition.  I'm just glad I got my free stuff first :wink: 
macOSX 12.7 Monterey • Prinergy 10 • Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 • Q800 Trendsetter w/ MCU • Epson Sure Color P7000

gnubler

Still no Windows version. I guess we'll just use Suitcase indefinitely here at work. At home, I guess I'll be using the free FontXplorer indefinitely... :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Think I may fork out the 39Euros. Cheap for that calibre of software.   :undecided:

frailer

I bang on about FEX so much, I had to get Pro before it goes to normal price on March 1.

hotmetal will like this. Now has a kerning preview pane. See screenshot.   :cheesy:   

Plus the interface is altogether more "pro".

Skryber

We're happy with Suitcase here but I'll put it on another machine here and give it a go. Seems like a good program.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

frailer

Hmmm..the reason I jumped to FEX was that I was having huge problems with Suitcase. Coulda been partly me at the time, novice'n'all, but...

Haven't looked back since FEX. At AU$67 until Feb 28, it's gonna cost you about US$40, off the top of my head. For now-supported software of this calibre, an opportunity to ease your work stress, IMO.

As stated in previous posts, I've had FEX activate recalcitrant fonts, even partial sets, where Fusion wouldn't so much as glance at them. Just sayin'....

delooch

I wish linotype would get their stuff together and release the PC version. Does anyone out there still have a copy of the PC beta installer? how about a recommendation for a font manager for the PC? Im already using Adobe ATM deluxe, and it does the job. Im thinking there may be something better though.