Teaching prepress to pressroom

Started by Aaron, April 02, 2009, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

Yea I do to but if they think you don't know what you are doing or you don't stand up for yourself they tend to walk all over you.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: G_Town on April 03, 2009, 08:09:56 AMYea I do to but if they think you don't know what you are doing or you don't stand up for yourself they tend to walk all over you.

Amen. :afro:
Member #285 - Civilian

David

We have our platesetter set so they can make their own plates on the weekends...

drag and drop a file on an icon, easy peasy.

oh no, select all, double click on a shitload of icons, drop on whatever....
phone call on Sunday:
them:  my plate files disappeared and the plates won't come out right.
me: what did you do?
them: well, I double clicked on this folder and then clicked on that folder and then open this window and dropped the files and then they disappeared.
me:
step away from the keyboard and we need to call someone in, you just fucked everything up.
them: okay

3 hours later...
2nd shift supervisor went in, it was so jacked up, she had to call a platemaker in to fix it.

can't teach em shit.

:blowup:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Chelle

There is only one PM here who is really a pain in the ass - and he's just such a freaking drama queen we mostly just laugh at him.
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

G_Town

Quote from: david on April 03, 2009, 09:05:15 AMWe have our platesetter set so they can make their own plates on the weekends...

drag and drop a file on an icon, easy peasy.

oh no, select all, double click on a shitload of icons, drop on whatever....
phone call on Sunday:
them:  my plate files disappeared and the plates won't come out right.
me: what did you do?
them: well, I double clicked on this folder and then clicked on that folder and then open this window and dropped the files and then they disappeared.
me:
step away from the keyboard and we need to call someone in, you just fucked everything up.
them: okay

3 hours later...
2nd shift supervisor went in, it was so jacked up, she had to call a platemaker in to fix it.

can't teach em shit.

:blowup:

I got called in a few weeks back for the same damn thing, how freaking hard is it to drag a file into a folder???

The real pisser is when I got in the software had a big old message on the screen that said please load a plate and I asked the press monkey like 5 times was there any messages on the screen, nope he said every time. :angry:

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Gutnbg

Shortly after the earth cooled, when I WAS prepress at our place, I showed the most senior pressman that i was in his league, even though i had only attained assistant press operator status before getting into prep. (It kinda helped that I was born into this stupid business.) Now that I had his respect, and showed him several times that I was willing to work with him and make his job easier, it made mine easier too.

Don't try this at home, kids.
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

G_Town

See previous post, don't take any shit from a pressman or you will regret it.