Prinect Signa Station is JDF Certified

Started by Marktonk, November 17, 2007, 05:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marktonk

Prinect Signa Station along with Prinect MetaDimension are both JDF certified. Here is a link  www.cip4.org

Go to the Directory Tab and Certified Products.

Also, a link for Signa information and a video

http://www.heidelberg.com/www/html/en/content/products/prinect/production_tools/prepress/prinect_signa_station,overview

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA
Product Manager, CtP & Proofing

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

LoganBlade

Mark

What is the cheap way to get the CIP3 Data to my SM102 2000console?

Thanks
"dyslexics have more fnu"

Marktonk

Hi loganblade,

Several things are needed. First, the Rip has to generate the CIP3 files, I believe you have Delta. This is an option that if not activated, will need to. The files generated are PPF (Print Product Format). The file is link via hot folder to Prepress Interface. Prepress Interface will Analise the data for presetting the ink zones. This information can go on a flash card or network if the console is net workable. You may need mods at the console, it will need to be looked at. Once this is set up, then tests will need to be run to calibrate. The feedback I get from users is why didn't I do this earlier. The ROI is quick and the more makereadys you do, the quicker the ROI. Typically you get to color in a few pulls and a few hundred sheets. If you want someone to contact you on this, pm me and I will arrange.

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
mark.tonkiovich@heidelberg.com
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

LoganBlade

Thanks Mark

Company is looking at depatment now. If all goes well I will be looking for help. This may be a silly question but is it worth it to look at for a 2 color SM102. Your knowlege and experience are appreciated.

Later

Mike
"dyslexics have more fnu"

Marktonk

LoganBlade,

2 Color, good question, I have not thought about that. Do you mainly do 2 color work on it? Do you run process through by running two times through? I will ask some of the press demonstrators their opinion.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

Marktonk

Hi LoganBlade,

Just talked to some demonstrators. If you run two color spot work, some halftone, text type work, it will impact it but minimally. If you are printing four color pocess with two passes, it will have more of an impact. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA