Design and publish HTML websites without writing code

Started by Joe, August 16, 2011, 01:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I would like to use the word Kafkaesque on a regular basis, but for some reason, I just can't seem to get the hang of it...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

If describing client files I can use Kakaesque on a regular basis.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on August 16, 2011, 12:57:29 PMIf describing client files I can use Kakaesque on a regular basis.

That is shittyesque...
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on August 16, 2011, 12:31:37 PM
Quote from: gnubler on August 16, 2011, 12:24:52 PMDepends™.

Do you use the word Kafkaesque on a regular basis? Do you wear black frame eyeglasses? Ironic 80s soda pop tshirts?

No. No. No.

You will not fit in at an urban coffeeshop. Let's try a different approach: do you have a woodworker's beard and a golden retriever?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on August 16, 2011, 01:12:44 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 16, 2011, 12:31:37 PM
Quote from: gnubler on August 16, 2011, 12:24:52 PMDepends™.

Do you use the word Kafkaesque on a regular basis? Do you wear black frame eyeglasses? Ironic 80s soda pop tshirts?

No. No. No.

You will not fit in at an urban coffeeshop. Let's try a different approach: do you have a woodworker's beard and a golden retriever?

No. No.

gnubler

Do you ride a vintage motorcycle and read philosophy books?

We are running out of avenues here...

What are you, one of those "regular guys"?  :whip:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

gnubler

QuoteMac OS

• Intel® Core™ Duo or faster processor

• Mac OS X v10.6 or higher

• 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)

• Adobe® AIR® 2.7 or higher

All my Macs are running 10.5 or lower. Guess I won't be demo'ing Muse. Boo hoo.

WTF is Adobe Air? No thanks!

David

adobe air is special air for those of us that worship the god that is adobe.

oh, we're not allowed to use capital letters, it's kafkaesque.

:cool:
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

gnubler

After running the Muse site, built with Muse, thru the W3C validators:

HTML Validation Output: 18 Errors

CSS: Sorry! We found the following errors (677)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have fun, dezingers. Joe, I hope you or I don't end up taking over one of these POS sites.

gnubler

Just looking at the source code of the Muse home page makes me want to barf. That layout could be hand coded with like 99% less code.  :death:

David

Quote from: david on August 16, 2011, 11:11:53 AMthey said it wasn't pretty

QuoteGranted, the code Muse generates isn't going to win any awards, but in most cases, a designer's clients (and those clients' customers) aren't going to be too concerned if the end result is a super slick, magazine-like website that perfectly matches their signage and other print collateral.

wha' do you want for nothin? rubber biscuits?
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on August 16, 2011, 03:28:51 PMAfter running the Muse site, built with Muse, thru the W3C validators:

HTML Validation Output: 18 Errors

CSS: Sorry! We found the following errors (677)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Have fun, dezingers. Joe, I hope you or I don't end up taking over one of these POS sites.

Right now it's in beta and free. Once it goes live you can't buy it. It is on a subscription only. $20 a month or $180 per year. And it is not a replacement for Dreamweaver. It is a replacement for iWeb. Dreamweaver lives on...

Much like what CS6 is going to except CS6 will be much more per month/per year.

gnubler

Well, the code purist community is going to squirm and seethe when they see sites being built with this crap tool.

I bet it's bloated as crap, too. Like all the other Adobe stuff.

BTW, I saw Photoshop v.3 for sale at the thrift store (with floppy installers) for $3.99. I've never used v.3 but I bet it can do 90% of what I used PS for in general prepress.