Digital Camera

Started by beck, February 08, 2012, 01:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on February 09, 2012, 04:45:10 PMoh and it was a Nikon I don't know where I got Konica :laugh:

...it's all those 'K's, 'i's,  'n's,  'o's....    :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

boosted29

Quote from: Tracy on February 09, 2012, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on February 09, 2012, 03:47:55 PM
Quote from: Tracy on February 09, 2012, 02:26:41 PMI was gonna post my digital camera model, but you probably don't want one because they seem to get lost easily.
I had Nikon S8100 not too expensive a little bit bigger lens than the normal quick shot cameras

It looks like I might have lost it this past weekend when I went to The Wild Animal Park :cry:
stolen, perhaps?

Im good with that, I would like to think it was someone else's fault :laugh:
I put in a lost and found request (dreaming)?
oh and it was a Nikon I don't know where I got Konica :laugh:

I was going to ask if you were experiencing excessive jamming with your camera.... But then you cleared it up
Quote from: gnubler on October 22, 2010, 12:54:19 PM
It's called "prepress". :laugh:

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.

beck

I ended up with a Sony DSC-H70.  Got it for $170.00.

I have a 30 day return window if I don't like it.

I'm gonna shoot a bunch this weekend, see how they turn out.  If they turn out crappy, I'll try another. 

Leaving on vaca. a week from today, so I gotta get this settled.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

Farabomb

My P&S is a Sony and it takes a pretty good picture. Only issue I have with it is the memory sticks. Not standard SD cards, Sony's magic gate card the never really caught on.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on February 10, 2012, 09:19:26 AMMy P&S is a Sony and it takes a pretty good picture. Only issue I have with it is the memory sticks. Not standard SD cards, Sony's magic gate card the never really caught on.
About 8 years ago I went with a Sony TV and a Sony P&S with the magic stick thingie. You could take it straight from the camera and put it in the tv... problem is, it never worked on the larger sticks because the tv wasn't compatible. I sold both and now I have a Canon P&S and a Samsung tv, both with the SD. Goes from P&S to tv to laptop seamlessly. And I can even use it in the Wii or Boxee Box. I'd have to double check, but I have a Sony HD mini digital video camera with a hard drive; I think it takes an SD card too. Never use it though - I just run off the hard drive and then download to the computer.

Actually, I use my cell phone for pretty much all picture/video taking now, even though it's lower quality.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Yea, I had a Sony Wega that had the slot and I think I used it once. Everything has a SD slot now. I end up just puting stuff on my phone and running it from there. The bad thing is I fill up my card real quick. My new waterproof samsung 32g class 10 card should be here today. Only waited 2 months for the damn thing.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

a cool thing the wife got for her cameras (for her ebay enterprises) are Eye-Fi wireless SD cards, basically unlimited storage because they upload the pics directly to your computer (or pad or phone or all of the above) as you are taking them. Never need to even take the card out of the camera.

Now for phones this is where dropbox comes in handy, sync your phone pics to your dropbox and if the card gets full, blow it all away as you already have it in the clown. I mean cloud.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Skryber

Quote from: Farabomb on February 10, 2012, 09:19:26 AMMy P&S is a Sony and it takes a pretty good picture. Only issue I have with it is the memory sticks. Not standard SD cards, Sony's magic gate card the never really caught on.

Sony makes good equipment but you have so stick with Sony accessories. I had a Sony camcorder and it would eat mini DV tapes that weren't Sony made. Not always, but enough for me to stop buying anything but Sony tapes for that camera.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Farabomb

Now those eye-fi cards look nifty. I really don't have a huge need for one but that may not stop me from getting one.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

Quote from: Farabomb on February 10, 2012, 11:07:37 AMNow those eye-fi cards look nifty. I really don't have a huge need for one but that may not stop me from getting one.

wifey got the 4gb one for I think $32 off Amazon.
vdp donkey

Farabomb

Yup, on amazon right now and resisting the urge to click.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

I just looked into this Eye-Fi bidness you guys are talking about. Wow, is that cool! Want!
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

t-pat

it's a bit quirky because it is powered by your camera. Even with quirkiness the wife loves LOVES LOVES it. Currently using them in a Nikon D40X and in a Pentax Optio WG-1
vdp donkey

Tracy

Quote from: boosted29 on February 09, 2012, 06:05:16 PM
Quote from: Tracy on February 09, 2012, 04:45:10 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on February 09, 2012, 03:47:55 PM
Quote from: Tracy on February 09, 2012, 02:26:41 PMI was gonna post my digital camera model, but you probably don't want one because they seem to get lost easily.
I had Nikon S8100 not too expensive a little bit bigger lens than the normal quick shot cameras

It looks like I might have lost it this past weekend when I went to The Wild Animal Park :cry:
stolen, perhaps?

Im good with that, I would like to think it was someone else's fault :laugh:
I put in a lost and found request (dreaming)?
oh and it was a Nikon I don't know where I got Konica :laugh:

I was going to ask if you were experiencing excessive jamming with your camera.... But then you cleared it up
:laugh:
that must be where I got it from-all the talk about konica lately

Farabomb

Only reason I didn't click on it was becasue I would have to get a SD to CF adapter to run it in my 400D and I already have 16g of cards.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job