News:

Main Menu

Kwikee

Started by DigiCorn, November 22, 2013, 12:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

I always forget about Kwikee, and I never hear anyone else mention them, but they recently updated their website, and it's incredible. I was first introduced to Kwikee and Multi-Ad Creator back about 1991 when I worked for a web printer that pretty much exclusively printed grocery inserts for newspapers up and down California. Kwikee had all these books that the graphic artists would cut out and make their paste-ups from. After being "promoted" from burning plates and making color keys, my job was to scan these images in, and tune them up using Adobe Streamline. Now it's all online.

If it has anything to do with food or grocery, they have it. Images, logos, you name it. And they have it in a variety of formats, as per the manufacturers specs/requirements. It's free to create an account and download. If you don't have this on your radar, you should because something will come up later and you'll need it.

[edit]It'd probably help if I linked you to the website: http://new.kwikeesystems.com/members/handler?func=display_welcome
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Grimace

Cool, I'd probably end up on their radar since i would be making my own beer shirts non stop!

Joe

Always ready for a quickee....wrong kind though. :evil: But a good site. Thanks.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

What else is there?  :laugh:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DCurry

Awesome - thanks for the tip.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

born2print

I signed up... waiting to get in...
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

beermonster

not available to us U of K residents  :death:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

frailer

Say wha' happened to the Global Village?   :lowerlipout:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

It's free now? That will help. When I worked at a newspaper we used Metro and another service for clip art and pix, and they were a big help. It was a paid service, tho.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

They do offer paid services, but I've been downloading artwork there off and on since about 1996, and I have never been charged.

[edit]They do have some kind of member review process. If you are a service bureau, aka print shop or design studio, I know they offer up most art for free. For outside parties, services and extra/custom stuff they charge. The vendors usually want their artwork and logos to be depicted per their internal standards and Kwikee manages their stuff to ensure proper usage.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

That'll be great in case I get another business card from some grocery distributor with a faded brand logo that came off his laser printer. Couldn't find it on any other logo websites.

Farabomb

Quote from: DigiCorn on December 10, 2013, 12:48:15 PMThe vendors usually want their artwork and logos to be depicted per their internal standards and Kwikee manages their stuff to ensure proper usage.

And yet I get corporate logos with spot colors as a 72dpi .jpg  :huh:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Or just try to get a custy to get good artwork from that corporate website. They usually have logos and slogans in vector, but the custy just can't figure out how to get it or to set up an account to get it. It's been over a decade since I got good art from a corporate website, but not because it wasn't available to the customer.

gnubler

Eventually, as SkyNet completely takes over there won't be any vector art left. No need for it.

JPG will rule the tubes.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david