Started by Joe, October 26, 2015, 03:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

No, not me. But this one:

Joe's Audio Video
1125 W Blancke Street
Rahway, NJ 07036

http://www.joesav.com

Anyone in that area....or anyone else if they have dealt with them before. They have ridiculously low-priced TV's. For example:

Samsung UN75J6300 75" Class Full HD 1080p Smart LED TV
75" screen size
LED technology
1080p resolution
120 clear motion rate
Smart TV internet platform (WiFi built in)

In stock
Price: $1,549.00

Or a 4K Ultra HD like this one:

Samsung 65" LED Smart TV - 4K UHDTV (2160p) - UN65JU6500
65" screen size
LED technology
4K Ultra HD resolution
120 clear motion rate
Smart TV internet platform (WiFi built in)

In stock
Price: $1,389.00

I'm leery of buying online from them as in most cases "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is". But if anyone has ever dealt with them and didn't get ripped off in the process I would be interested.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Tell 'em your name's Joe. Gotta help...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Farabomb

Rahway is about 20 minutes from my car shop. I've never heard about them but I will ask around.

I will say Rahway isn't the nicest of towns. I wouldn't be surprised the TV fell off a truck.

Not that I've ever received any items like that in my life...
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

You're in Jersey... "fell off a truck" is a regular conversation phrase, no?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

Quote from: Ear on October 27, 2015, 02:47:17 PMYou're in Jersey... "fell off a truck" is a regular conversation phrase, no?
I'm starting to see a vision of a Jersey 'Fargo'.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Farabomb

No need for that frailer, just watch The Sopranos.

That was where I grew up.

Ear, Yes, it is. It's fall off a truck or a crack gift.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

I seriously shopped 4k tvs earlier this year. Trust me, you DO NOT want a Samsung 4k. No way. Not under any circumstances.

Firstly, I have had 2 new Samsung flat panels. One, I blew out the HDMI. The second, I blew out the speakers. They are notorious for bad sound. You'd want a "sound bar," or other sound system in place anyway.

Secondly, and lastly, and most importantly, apples-to-apples, on any Samsung 4k for graduated screens in motion, you get "blocking." It's shit.  I ran an apples-to-apples test vs. a Sony and the Sony kicked it's ass, with NO blocking. Blocking is the pixelization of the image in motion on graduated screens. Essentially, when in motion, even at 240 mhz, the image turns into big squares on a Samsung. No Samsung for me ever again, thank you.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Thanks for the Samsung info. I'm not specifically looking for a Samsung. Never had one. I have had both an LG and a Philips and have had good luck with both.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.