Need a Pages file converted to PDF ASAP!!

Started by Fontaholic, January 20, 2016, 01:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontaholic

Hi everybody,

Can someone convert a Pages file to a PDF for me?

When the customer does it herself, she gets these weird intermittent "stripes" along the edges of the boxes containing "LEAVE A LEGACY" and I'd like to see if this happens to anybody else or not. (A sample PDF is in the ZIP archive along with the Pages file.)

The finished PDF needs to be sent to prepress@opsprinting.com as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Joe

Those weird intermittent "stripes" along the edges of the boxes are images that have been placed there. They can be deleted in the pages file or Pitstop can delete them as well.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

I've emailed the PDF to you without the weird intermittent "stripes".

wonderings

I deleted them in Acrobat DC, took all of 30 seconds. Not sure what is causing them, but easy fix never the less.

Joe

They are there because the designer placed them there. ;D

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on January 20, 2016, 02:47:04 PMThey are there because the designer placed them there. ;D

Not sure what you mean. When I open in pages, they are not there. When I export to PDF, they are there.

Joe

Zoom in and you will see them. If you have trouble selecting them double click on it. It is sometimes difficult to get them selected in pages.

Also you can see them in my screenshot a few posts above.

Fontaholic

Thanks very much for removing the offending stripy things and getting me a decent PDF of this!!  :-D

Cheers,

wonderings

Quote from: Joe on January 20, 2016, 02:55:15 PMZoom in and you will see them. If you have trouble selecting them double click on it. It is sometimes difficult to get them selected in pages.

Also you can see them in my screenshot a few posts above.

I did not zoom in before, at 100% it is not visible in pages, but move in to 400% and they are indeed there.

Joe

Quote from: Fontaholic on January 20, 2016, 03:11:28 PMThanks very much for removing the offending stripy things and getting me a decent PDF of this!!  :-D

Cheers,

You'll probably get a complaint after it is printed because her fancy little weird stripes are missing!