Started by Tracy, May 11, 2016, 10:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Percentage for watermark 2% or 3%?

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Farabomb

It's on 100% of the sheets of classic crest we run.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

:laugh: I can't remember

born2print

...but seriously folks, 3% seems to get the best result most often, may depend on ink color though!
sometimes 2% is needed and once in a blue moon we go 1% but that seems silly to me as industry standard for holding a dot is really 2%.
I would go with 3% and see what you get.
:hello:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Fontaholic

Quote from: born2print on May 11, 2016, 11:32:55 AM...but seriously folks, 3% seems to get the best result most often, may depend on ink color though!
sometimes 2% is needed and once in a blue moon we go 1% but that seems silly to me as industry standard for holding a dot is really 2%.
I would go with 3% and see what you get.
:hello:

For best results, use 20' plates

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Tracy

:laugh: I went with 3% you never know till it gets on press, because the proof
isn't a good representation of a 3% dot.
Thanks!

Ear

Quote from: Farabomb on May 11, 2016, 11:31:33 AMIt's on 100% of the sheets of classic crest we run.
Yeah, no head-to-head work on watermarked stock.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Funny you say that. I remember being called back to work because on this one stock had head to head watermarks. Never seen it before, haven't seen it since but I had to come in to flip the pages and replate.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Fontaholic

Quote from: Farabomb on May 12, 2016, 06:21:13 AMFunny you say that. I remember being called back to work because on this one stock had head to head watermarks. Never seen it before, haven't seen it since but I had to come in to flip the pages and replate.

I have never heard of that!!

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

StudioMonkey

Now paper companies are being 'Helpful'  :hangme:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

It was a fluke as I've never seen it again but I remember it clearly as I was on my way up to a friend's house for a BBQ and was quite pissed I had to turn around. I've never see it, nobody in the plant had seen it. Guess that's what we get for ordering from Lenny's house of discount paper.

I've gotten calls before about watermarks being the wrong way. All of them being the wrong way and the pressman is insisting he needs new plates. Takes me a few times to tell him he has to flip the sheet before he understands.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

:laugh: Lenny's House of Discount Papers