News:

Main Menu

Word to pdf

Started by Tracy, May 04, 2016, 03:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Learned this one recently - when your Word doc is open, go to Preferences, click on the Compatibility icon. Then click the Font Substitution button and it will tell you what fonts are being subbed.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

StudioMonkey

Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Tracy

Quote from: Slappy on May 07, 2016, 10:32:25 AMIs there any way to get warning if font substitution takes place? Short of having a client-supplied PDF from the same Word doc (ha!!!) to compare with I mean, there's no way to get burned right?

Not sure why but we're getting more of them than usual and the CSRs are downright snippy about getting the client to send a PDF. Useless meatsacks.
See DCurry's note, for new versions on the mac see Format/Font, same thing

Slappy

Well sumbitch! Who knew our little word processing app has grown up so much, into almost being useful?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Ear

Quote from: Slappy on May 09, 2016, 07:24:04 PMWell sumbitch! Who knew our little word processing app has grown up so much, into almost being useful?

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Possum

Key word being "almost"?
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Ear on May 10, 2016, 10:45:21 AM
Quote from: Slappy on May 09, 2016, 07:24:04 PMWell sumbitch! Who knew our little word processing app has grown up so much, into almost being useful?

Hey? Are you stalking my Mom's Facebook, looking for baby pics of me?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway