Report: Xerox Seeks to Acquire RR Donnelley

Started by Joe, July 12, 2016, 02:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on July 13, 2016, 08:30:40 AMI'll believe it when I see it...    :popcorn:

That is what I said when it was rumored that Quebecor was going to buy World Color...and that Quad was going to buy Quebecor, etc.... :sad:

David

I saw the blurb about Xerox and was wondering why RRD would let them buy, are they hurting for money?
Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

RRD recently bought our local CDS printer. CDS had a bunch of webs and a whole building full of Indigo presses, which ran Apple packaging and documentation, exclusively. It is quite an operation. Now run by RRD.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: david on July 13, 2016, 09:41:34 AMI saw the blurb about Xerox and was wondering why RRD would let them buy, are they hurting for money?

Big profit for stock holders is my guess.

Joe

Quote from: Ear on July 13, 2016, 10:17:17 AMRRD recently bought our local CDS printer. CDS had a bunch of webs and a whole building full of Indigo presses, which ran Apple packaging and documentation, exclusively. It is quite an operation. Now run by RRD.

There isn't much left in the way of printers that don't fall under either the Quad or RRD umbrella.

David

yepper, if it ain't Quad it's RRD... or the little mom and pops
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

born2print

Had a dude ask me about this the other day... he was saying "is Xerox that big of a company?"
I had to ask him: picture every building in the world, now how many do NOT have a Xerox device in them?
:ohno:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: born2print on July 19, 2016, 02:57:09 PMHad a dude ask me about this the other day... he was saying "is Xerox that big of a company?"
I had to ask him: picture every building in the world, now how many do NOT have a Xerox device in them?
:ohno:

Exactly.

They also developed the first visual interface with a mouse, that eventually became the Macintosh. Practically gave it to Steve Jobs.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

So, they created the demon that is now the internet?

I liked it better when you had to work at banging out command line in order to get on the net.  :git off mah lawn:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Quote from: Farabomb on July 20, 2016, 06:22:54 AMSo, they created the demon that is now the internet?

I liked it better when you had to work at banging out command line in order to get on the net.  :git off mah lawn:
It kept the riff-raff away :thumbsup:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?