xx
Thoughts on Cannon Imagepress C750
by wonderings
December 11, 2017, 01:30:30 PM

poll

xx

Topic: Template issues  (Read 590 times) previous topic - next topic

Template issues
I have a couple of templates that its not the right format. Is there a way to repair those templates? :undecided:

• DCurry
  • [*]
Re: Template issues
Reply #1
That's a pretty vague description. If you post more detail and describe exactly what is happening someone can probably point you in the right direction.
Dan Curry
Prinergy 8.1.1.286 • Preps 8 (Not a fan) • SmartStream Designer

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Reply #2
What happen was I reghost Prinergy and I thought it was mirroring to our data drive so we lost 2 years of templates so I did a data recovery and got most of them back but i think some got corrupted and i cant open them up. Pinergy 5 and same with preps.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #3
Open the .tpl file in a text editor and see what it looks like in there. Template files are nothing more than text files.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #4
Just a bunch of garbage txt inside.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #5
Then I don't think you are going to able to recover it.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #6
Sometimes (we did this at my last job) if you KNOW what you're doing, you can edit the code in the .tpl in a text editing program to repair the file. We had some special bars that were named with the " mark and they show up in the .tpl with ". We renamed all the marks. The " is an offensive character in Prinergy, so we had to edit ALL the .tpl files and delete the " mark so it would find the proper mark in Preps.
"Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in or coming out of my ass?!"
― Eric Cartman

"Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!"
- Stan Marsh

"You Bastards!"
-Kyle Broflovski

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #7
Sometimes (we did this at my last job) if you KNOW what you're doing, you can edit the code in the .tpl in a text editing program to repair the file. We had some special bars that were named with the " mark and they show up in the .tpl with ". We renamed all the marks. The " is an offensive character in Prinergy, so we had to edit ALL the .tpl files and delete the " mark so it would find the proper mark in Preps.

Yes...except:

Reply #8
The boss will recreate them when we need them. Thanks for the help

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #9

Yes...except:

It might look like garbage, if you don't know what you're looking at.
"Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in or coming out of my ass?!"
― Eric Cartman

- Stan Marsh

"You Bastards!"
-Kyle Broflovski

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Reply #10
This is a screenshoot

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #11
yup. that qualifies as garbage.
― Eric Cartman

- Stan Marsh

"You Bastards!"
-Kyle Broflovski

― Ernest Hemingway

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #12

• david
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • WTF?
Reply #13
well, not total garbage, it says for help, to hit F1.

Now, will F1 please stand up? We need to hit you.

:rotf:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time