Pre-fill Mac Mail Message

Started by Slappy, April 27, 2018, 07:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

I typically have to email dozens of proofs to one particular CSR here every day, same client, same Subject line (except for the Job # and brief description if I'm feeling generous) and many times even the same body copy. Again, I'll add the particular job description to the body copy but many times that's just the PDF title minus the extension.

I noticed in the Finder Toolbar that there's a Share icon that will attach the selected file and make a blank email, but is there a way to also add the recipient, make a templated Subject and fill in the body copy with pre-formatted text?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

See if automater can help.

[attach width=400]18592[/attach]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

I usually just go to my sent folder and hit reply all to the last one I sent - delete a few things and copy/paste in the new info and hit send...   I've wanted email templates for years (both PC and Mac).  Do you use Outlook or the Mail application? There is templates in Outlook (screen grab below) but it only fills in body copy. You still have to attach file, and populate the recipient and the Subject. (So, it's basically a half-assed attempt at a template) 

:facepalm: 
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Slappy

Mac Mail, so maybe Automater is the way to go.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DCurry

I use a signature to populate the bulk of the email, then just fill in the pertinent details. I've got a handful of different signatures for different scenarios I use a lot.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Tracy

I use the Signatures also, I have my proof disclaimer there and all the sales info etc..
and all you have to do is select the signature of the person and it goes into the email

Slappy

Quote from: DCurry on April 27, 2018, 10:37:04 AMI use a signature to populate the bulk of the email, then just fill in the pertinent details. I've got a handful of different signatures for different scenarios I use a lot.
Shit, that's even easier! So maybe an Automater for the Recipient, Subject template and then dropdown sigs per CSR.

You're all so smart, give yourselves a hand!  :hello:

ninjaPB_43

I agree, y'all smart. Signatures! Why in the heck didn't I think of that. iDumb.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Ear

Quote from: DCurry on April 27, 2018, 10:37:04 AMI use a signature to populate the bulk of the email, then just fill in the pertinent details. I've got a handful of different signatures for different scenarios I use a lot.

Let me guess:

DCurry
Prepress Manager
Gotham Offset

The DC
Freelance Artist and Barber
Just down the street

Dan the Wild Man
Wing-Suit Instructor
Parts Unknown
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DCurry

I like the wing-suit instructor title.

Fun fact - when I was about 20 I went skydiving. Was also the first time I had ever flown in a plane.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Ear

Man, that is quite the setup; first time up and they throw you out.  :rotf:

....I forgot my name, I'm a dirt torpedo ~D. Mustane
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black