Adobe made to reduce price of cloud in Aust.

Started by Diddler, February 12, 2013, 09:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diddler

Finally some action being taken regarding price gouging here in Australia. They have for years been claiming it costs more because of location.

I remember a while ago it was cheaper to buy return air fares and fly to the US to buy certain software than it was to just purchase here in Aust.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/adobe-cuts-prices-but-still-draws-flak-20130213-2ec9g.html
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

frailer

QuoteAdobe Australia communications manager Suzie Brady said the nominal prices were the same as in the US except for the change in currency.

What a load of shite.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Location? China is closer to Australia than the US ins't it?

Right now the Adobe Cloud is $29.99 per month though that is just a first year discount and the regular price is $49.99 per month thereafter.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Diddler

Quote from: Joe on February 12, 2013, 09:40:52 PMLocation? China is closer to Australia than the US ins't it?

Right now the Adobe Cloud is $29.99 per month though that is just a first year discount and the regular price is $49.99 per month thereafter.

CS6 Master Collection in Australia costs $4,334. The same software carries a price of $2599 in the US.

Individual Creative Cloud Membership has been reduced to AU$49.99 per month (on an annual plan) from AU$62.99 per month (on an annual plan); month to month pricing has been reduced to AU$74.99 from AU$94.99.

Still think us Aussies are being ripped off.

Joe

No argument here. I'm sure the boxed sets are put together in China or somewhere in the vicinity. Seems like is should be cheaper in Australia than the US if their logic is location is why the prices were so high.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Diddler

Quote from: Joe on February 12, 2013, 10:01:40 PMNo argument here. I'm sure the boxed sets are put together in China or somewhere in the vicinity. Seems like is should be cheaper in Australia than the US if their logic is location is why the prices were so high.

I could understand their side of the argument if it was based on population. But then it would retail for $1 in China or India.  :homer: