News:

Main Menu

Un-editable

Started by jimking, October 15, 2014, 10:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

Can someone tell me how to edit this page? I'm attempting to adjust the folds on this 3 panel job and need to move rules, colored boxes out to line up with my blue guides for folds. But for the life of me I can't edit it. Its not a table or a linked graphic. Its vector, can be edited in illustrator and pitstop, in which it tells me I'm missing a step here in Indy. Its appears to be some sort of elements pasted into the document. The designer seemed to have linked some text boxes to this mess so I don't want to open a can of worms. I attempted to provide a link but errord out. Help would be appreciated with a beer.  :drunk:

Joe

How big is it? Can you package it and put it online so we can take a look at it?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jimking

Joe its a 2 page, 3 panel job. I created a separate file containing only the problem page. No links needed because it's only the colored boxes and rules that need to be adjusted. The client did some crazy stuff linking some of the text boxes to this thing and some not attached. Weird. Anyway I attempted to attach only that one page Indy file and said its to big at 2.5 megs. I'm not a member of any drop-box, grab-bag site.

Joe

Quote from: jimking on October 15, 2014, 10:44:14 AMJoe its a 2 page, 3 panel job. I created a separate file containing only the problem page. No links needed because it's only the colored boxes and rules that need to be adjusted. The client did some crazy stuff linking some of the text boxes to this thing and some not attached. Weird. Anyway I attempted to attach only that one page Indy file and said its to big at 2.5 megs. I'm not a member of any drop-box, grab-bag site.

Email it to me and I'll put on the web server and post a link for others to take a crack at it. I'm not an Indy expert. I imagine others will have better luck with it than I will.

joe at b4print dot com

DigitalCrapShoveler

I'll take a crack at it.
Member #285 - Civilian

andyfest

Can you export a pdf of the problem page successfully from Indy that incorporates all of the elements? Perhaps some of us can look at that.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

jimking

Quote from: andyfest on October 15, 2014, 11:09:23 AMCan you export a pdf of the problem page successfully from Indy that incorporates all of the elements? Perhaps some of us can look at that.
I emailed a Indy file to Joe who'll post it
because I couldn't. However in Pitstop I am able to select and edit, move boxes, rules etc. I'm still thinking its something the designer cut and pasted into the document and then linked text and pics to it. That tells me I should be able to edit this thing in Indy.

Designia(o_O)

DigitalCrapShoveler

It's been created as a graph using the graph tool. You will have to edit the lines via the text tool.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

That's about the dumbest use of this tool I have seen. Sheer incompetence.

If you select anything on in that area of the lines with the Text Edit tool, it will open up a bunch of options in the Control Bar. You just need to get in there and figure it out; not too hard. I have seen this a few times.

Let me know if you have questions.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 15, 2014, 11:46:09 AMLet me know if you have questions.

what is the meaning of life?
why is the sky blue?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

jimking

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 15, 2014, 11:41:37 AMIt's been created as a graph using the graph tool. You will have to edit the lines via the text tool.
Dagnabbit! It took me a second to make that correction. Can't recall ever having to edit a graph in Indy, but it does seem familiar.  Thanks DCS, beer on me.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: jimking on October 15, 2014, 11:51:00 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 15, 2014, 11:41:37 AMIt's been created as a graph using the graph tool. You will have to edit the lines via the text tool.
Dagnabbit! It took me a second to make that correction. Can't recall ever having to edit a graph in Indy, but it does seem familiar.  Thanks DCS, beer on me.

No problem, Jimbo. Happy to help.
Member #285 - Civilian

jimking

Did you notice the fold? She designed this 3 panel tri-fold bro with the middle panel being shorter of the 3. All images where RGB. Originally provided printready pdfs that where lores, no bleeds etc. What does that tell me? An underpaid Internet designer who couldn't get a job with GOoGOo, so now I'm blessed with her genius.  :lmao: