Pitstop Pro Missing Templates Folder

Started by (Pre)PressingMyLuck, December 20, 2023, 10:42:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

I'm trying to customize a preflight report but when I go to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Enfocus\PitStop Pro Resources

There's not templates folder. Just an Artwork folder. So is this just somewhere else, even though the user guide still shows it should be there?
It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".

David

Should be here:

• PitStop Pro:

• Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat <version e.g. 11.0> \Acrobat\plug_ins\Enfocus\PitStop Pro Resources\Report Templates \PitStop
    Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
    Livin' la Vida Loca

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Yeah, that's where I'm at. No Report Templates folder. I've dug around in the Enfocus folder quite a bit and don't see it anywhere there either. I've got Show Hidden turned on for that folder as well. No dice. The path pasted in below is my actual path from the explorer.

David

Weird, I modified my pitstop report years ago, so I know it can be done, just had to find it.

took me a while, finally found it on my Mac (not sure if it will help on your PC):

hd/library/application support/adobe/acrobat/DC/plug-ins/Enfocus/pitstop pro.acroplugin (right click, show package contents)/resources/report templates/pitstop
    Livin' la Vida Loca

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Where you have the .acroplugin, I have a PitStop Pro Resources folder, a Resources folder, and a StatusCheck2 Resources folder. There's also a statuscheck2.api file. If I go into the PitStop Pro Resources folder as expected, there's just an Artwork folder with four .tmp files in it.

I have contacted Enfocus, but as we're outta the 90 day warranty we probably won't hear from them.

Joe

Quote from: (Pre)PressingMyLuck on December 20, 2023, 10:42:32 AMI'm trying to customize a preflight report but when I go to:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\plug_ins\Enfocus\PitStop Pro Resources
    There's not templates folder. Just an Artwork folder. So is this just somewhere else, even though the user guide still shows it should be there?
    What do you see here? It is a location for some things at the link below.

C:\ProgramData\Enfocus Prefs Folder \Report Templates\Custom

Customize Report Templates
    Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

what OS are you running?
    the reports are in different places depending on the OS.

• On Windows XP and 2003:

HD\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data (this is a hidden folder)\Enfocus Prefs folder\Report Templates\Custom
    • On Windows 7, 2008 and newer versions:

..\ProgramData\Enfocus Prefs Folder\Report Templates\Custom
    Livin' la Vida Loca

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Windows 10. Is that where the .prefs file goes? I'm just trying to get to the PDF file with the logo and background on it. Haven't tried to get to the .prefs part yet. 

I can get to that folder, it's just empty. Coulda sworn there was supposed to be a default in there to copy and modify, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. 

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

Just to close this out, turns out it's not Program Files x86, it's the just Program Files folder. Enfocus actually responded overnight. Thanks for help everyone.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca