PC pitstop can't find Arial Bold

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, April 02, 2008, 08:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: jimking on April 02, 2008, 11:42:51 AMIt may not see Arial bold in order to outline but it may. If you are using your font folder instead of a font utility program try downloading a free font utility program such as Linotype FontExplorer and try that. http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX

There is a PC version.

They removed the download link for the PC version quite some time back and still don't have the new version available yet. I wish they would hurry up.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

almaink

It may be looking for a different variant of Arial Bold. There are many different versions and unless you have the exact same version of the font used to make that PDF, it will never embed properly using Pit Stop. PITA Arial is...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

frailer

Quote from: Joe  on April 02, 2008, 12:01:42 PM
Quote from: jimking on April 02, 2008, 11:42:51 AMIt may not see Arial bold in order to outline but it may. If you are using your font folder instead of a font utility program try downloading a free font utility program such as Linotype FontExplorer and try that. http://www.linotype.com/fontexplorerX

There is a PC version.

They removed the download link for the PC version quite some time back and still don't have the new version available yet. I wish they would hurry up.

Just subscribed to and activated their monthly email. Shoulda done ages ago. Am fortunate enough to not need it for PC, but handy to keep up with what they're up to anyway. Assume that the PC release would be flagged there. There's a link in the PC download page.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on April 02, 2008, 04:58:32 PMThere's a link in the PC download page.

Yeah, but if you follow it...it is a dead end.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on April 02, 2008, 08:14:16 AMSound like a theme for a nightmare...

I used to be able to embed arial Bold in pdf's with global font change but lately, the option to use arial Bold from the system fonts is not there. I installed the whole arial family in the fonts folder first. All the others show up except Arial Bold. I've removed them from the fonts folder and activated them through Suitcase but no luck. Restarted many times.... anyone else had this problem?

Man, you put the jinx on me today. Two PDF's using Arial and the font IS embedded in the PDF. One reflows but stays Arial and the other is converting to courier. ARIAL SUCKS!!!

frailer

Quote from: Joe  on April 02, 2008, 06:22:55 PM
Quote from: frailer on April 02, 2008, 04:58:32 PMThere's a link in the PC download page.

Er...I meant the link to subscribe to their email news, not the PC download. Just clarifying.

Hey, a live Arial font virus! Never heard of one of them before. Do ya have to be the first kid on the block all the time, Joe?   :naughty:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on April 02, 2008, 11:56:15 PM
Quote from: Joe  on April 02, 2008, 06:22:55 PM

Er...I meant the link to subscribe to their email news, not the PC download. Just clarifying.

Hey, a live Arial font virus! Never heard of one of them before. Do ya have to be the first kid on the block all the time, Joe?   :naughty:

Just my lucky day it seems. I've had a rash of PDF font problems lately. Problem is that some of them are not surfacing until the printed jobs are in the customers hands. Not my jobs mind you but they always come back to me with "What happened"?

frailer

Right...so your middle name's 'Buckstops'.     :rolleyes:

Joe

Quote from: frailer on April 03, 2008, 01:31:17 AMRight...so your middle name's 'Buckstops'.     :rolleyes:

Evidently...