Quark 7 & placed EPS file Problem

Started by RedEmma, November 24, 2008, 06:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEmma

I never had this problem with Quark 6.5.... I am getting color shifts with EPS files placed in Quark 7.4. Rather than place a PDF in Quark, I am using Acrobat 7 to create an EPS file.

I place this in Quark and PostScript/Distill as usual. With Q7 however, the color is changing. Am I missing something when I print to PS?

My dead-simple workflow "workaround" to Quark's PDF quirks is useless now. Help Anyone?  TIA

frailer

I may be on the wrong track here, (and more experienced Cavalry will arrive), but maybe check your Prefs/Color management area. Sorry, am at home, and can't open it to have a look.
Q7 uses a different PMS conversion engine to Q6. You can re-set it to "legacy", (I think it's termed)...something to that effect. Relaunch and see what gives.

Or it may be something else entirely.   :undecided:

General Custer and troops will be here "real soon now"... :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on November 24, 2008, 07:29:43 PMI may be on the wrong track here, (and more experienced Cavalry will arrive), but maybe check your Prefs/Color management area. Sorry, am at home, and can't open it to have a look.
Q7 uses a different PMS conversion engine to Q6. You can re-set it to "legacy", (I think it's termed)...something to that effect. Relaunch and see what gives.

Or it may be something else entirely.   :undecided:

General Custer and troops will be here "real soon now"... :cheesy:

I hope you are not referring to me as General Custer seeing as what happened at Little Big Horn. Looks around for DCS lurking about.

But I agree. Check CM settings. When you created the EPS in Acrobat there are Color Management settings in there too. I usually turn it off so nothing gets changed during the conversion.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Chelle

Could you open the PDF in Illustrator and save it as an EPS out of there?
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

frailer

...well yes, DCS was there, as I was imagining it, with an arrow through his hat.    :cheesy:

Chelle, there are people who post here who will have you arraigned for suggesting that procedure; unless you can prove it was an Illy PDF, of course.    :laugh:

Oh, and RedEmma, forgot. Welcome to the forum. Keep firing questions until we can't answer one, then you get a special award.      :cool:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Chelle

Hell, I open almost ANY pdf I'm sent in Illy if it gives me issues or I need to perform some sort of "magic" on it. :laugh:

frailer

Quote from: Chelle on November 24, 2008, 08:27:37 PMHell, I open almost ANY pdf I'm sent in Illy if it gives me issues or I need to perform some sort of "magic" on it. :laugh:

:shhh:

Chelle

I almost choked on wine. Don't do that...

Joe

Quote from: Chelle on November 24, 2008, 08:27:37 PMHell, I open almost ANY pdf I'm sent in Illy if it gives me issues or I need to perform some sort of "magic" on it. :laugh:

:blowup:

:police:

:evil:

:laugh:

Chelle

Joe

Quote from: frailer on November 24, 2008, 08:25:56 PM...well yes, DCS was there, as I was imagining it, with an arrow through his hat.    :cheesy:

I was more envisioning him in a loin cloth with a tomahawk lying in ambush.

:laugh:

Quote from: Chelle on November 24, 2008, 08:58:42 PMOh crap... I killed Joe... :sad:

Nah, I survived. I've seen worse things done with files. :tongue:

frailer

Quote from: Joe on November 25, 2008, 02:16:02 AMI was more envisioning him in a loin cloth with a tomahawk lying in ambush.

D'Oh!. Of course... :embarrassed:

RedEmma, let us know how you fared with your problem too. We all benefit from feedback on these things...    :grin:

Chelle

QuoteNah, I survived. I've seen worse things done with files. :tongue:
Hee. Well, when I have morons with history degrees that are playing at being a deziner who send me pdf's and I'm not allowed to talk to them because I'm "mean", it's easier to open them in Illy and do what I need to than try to play the "telephone game" with the salesman and explain what I need.

RedEmma

Thanks for all the suggestions! The Color Management settings are set to None, but I will see what I can find about a "legacy" setting in Q7. I haven't tried saving as an Illustrator EPS - that will be next on the list! Thanks all. 

frailer

...it's here; (see image/screenshot below).

Bear in mind, it's been reported that it sometimes "resets" itself to the Quark7 setting. It is Quark after all...    :rolleyes:   Just good to be aware of it, is all.