Template issues
by david
June 19, 2017, 04:07:35 PM

xx

xx
More variable info needed
by DPSprint
June 18, 2017, 04:46:30 PM

Topic: Working with Font Explorer (Read 26988 times) previous topic - next topic

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Re: Working with Font Explorer
Reply #165
Reviving an old thread. I think the free version of Font Explorer is about done. We are on Mac OS Sierra now and while it runs when you open fonts now...after a reboot they are no longer open and our designers have to go back and open them again. It's like living in a third world country for them. Anyone else seen this problem and have a fix? Or a better free font program. (Suggestions to buy the new version of Font Explorer will be met with laughter)

Yep, same deal here, was going to start a new topic but found one. I will continue ready this post because God-forbid we have to pay for something here.

I did find the fix for this. Open System Preferences ===> Users & Groups =====>  Login Items. Then drag the file "/Users/~/Library/Application Support/Linotype/FontExplorer X/FontExplorerXAutoload" into the "These items will open automatically when you log in" box.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Reply #166
So that's not FEX related then I am guessing.

Reply #167
Reviving an old thread. I think the free version of Font Explorer is about done. We are on Mac OS Sierra now and while it runs when you open fonts now...after a reboot they are no longer open and our designers have to go back and open them again. It's like living in a third world country for them. Anyone else seen this problem and have a fix? Or a better free font program. (Suggestions to buy the new version of Font Explorer will be met with laughter)

Yep, same deal here, was going to start a new topic but found one. I will continue ready this post because God-forbid we have to pay for something here.

I did find the fix for this. Open System Preferences ===> Users & Groups =====>  Login Items. Then drag the file "/Users/~/Library/Application Support/Linotype/FontExplorer X/FontExplorerXAutoload" into the "These items will open automatically when you log in" box.

Yes, thanks that solved THAT problem.

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Pro Bono Prepressico
Reply #168
Deeeecent
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

Quote from: born2print "Well now doesn't that suck petrified possum penis."

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #169
So that's not FEX related then I am guessing.

Well it wasn't a FEX problem with the version prior to InDesign 2017 and since FEX hasn't been updated in years I am blaming Adobe. My guess is Adobe would disagree with me.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.