News:

Main Menu

remap pantone spots

Started by hagar_uk, September 26, 2007, 03:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hagar_uk

Anyone help me with some something, I am new to pitstop and trying to do something I hope can be automated, we some times get jobs with a single spot colour but the spot colour is defined  such
as : PANTONE 123 C and *PANTONE 123 C. I have managed to create an action list to fix specific colours but is there any easy way to make it remap any spot with "*" infront to its correct pantone name?

kermit

Quote from: hagar_uk on September 26, 2007, 03:35:01 PMAnyone help me with some something, I am new to pitstop and trying to do something I hope can be automated, we some times get jobs with a single spot colour but the spot colour is defined  such
as : PANTONE 123 C and *PANTONE 123 C. I have managed to create an action list to fix specific colours but is there any easy way to make it remap any spot with "*" infront to its correct pantone name?
Glad you made it here hagar.
Anyway, I don't think so Pitstop understands wildcards. Even if it did you would have to have over 2000 actions for all spot colors. AFAIK Pitstop lets you select existing object's color or from the list of colors used in the file.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

hagar_uk

Quote from: kermit on September 27, 2007, 09:37:26 AM
Quote from: hagar_uk on September 26, 2007, 03:35:01 PMAnyone help me with some something, I am new to pitstop and trying to do something I hope can be automated, we some times get jobs with a single spot colour but the spot colour is defined  such
Glad you made it here hagar.
Anyway, I don't think so Pitstop understands wildcards. Even if it did you would have to have over 2000 actions for all spot colors. AFAIK Pitstop lets you select existing object's color or from the list of colors used in the file.

Thanks for the info, Kind of thought that would be the case., no problem doing it manually I guess. Just would be nice to have it run as an auto action.