Ink Preset Software

Started by johnny_jay, March 31, 2009, 10:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny_jay

Hello everyone,

I have been playing around with creating ink preset data for one of our older presses (Mitsubishi). It is keyed in manually at the console. We have a newer Komori Press and have the software to send the data to that press. I would like to be able to create a visual and numeric representation of the ink data to send to the Mitsubishi. We played with using the Komori software but it is really designed to send the data, not output a chart and was very cumbersome and time consuming.

I was wondering if there was any software available for creating a numeric and visual representation of the ink zone data?

We are currently running Rampage but will be changing to Prinergy in the near future.

Thanks for reading,

johnny_jay
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Stiv

johnny_jay

Thanks Stiv, this looks like what we want!
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Aaron

We use Lithotel Colorlink works great. And it's going to our Mitsi.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

rotarypower3

We've been using PressPerCent. You can download a free slightly limited version here...
http://www.excourse.com/presspercent/index.html

Have used.... Linotronic 530/630 │ Hercules50 │ Scitex Dolev 800 │ Scitex PSM 5/6/7 │ BlackMagic │ EFI Colorproof │ Kodak Prinergy  │ Agfa Apogee Prepress  │

Fixing designers junk since '98!

DigiCorn

Just curious why you are switching to Prinergy? I am a Rampage user for 5+ years (came from Scitex environment previously  :puke:) and can't imagine what would be better than Rampage. We have two Komori Lithone 26s and are just now exploring the ink key setting file output (our pressman always sets his keys manually). Our Komoris are older and don't have a disk drive, but they do have a magnetic strip reader. Komori was just here and they are going to set up a Windows box that can write magnetic strips as long as I can provide CIP3 data, which Rampage does. If your press is newer and has a disk drive (usually 3.5"),  have you explored this option to avoid dropping tens of thousands of $$$ on a new front end and employee retraining?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

johnny_jay

Switching is really upper managements decision. They want more automation from the MIS system we have. EFI will be able to talk to Kodak and vice versa.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Skryber

We use Rampage and I'm curious to how the trapping works with Prinergy. Is it object based like Rampage? I don't mean to get off topic.  :tongue:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

G_Town

:offtopic:  :rolleyes:

I've used Heidelbergs system with Brisque and now some guys system that I think he runs out of his trunk with Nexus and aint none of 'em gonna work unless the pressman use them.

johnny_jay

Quote from: Skryber on April 15, 2009, 08:21:57 AMWe use Rampage and I'm curious to how the trapping works with Prinergy. Is it object based like Rampage? I don't mean to get off topic.  :tongue:

I'll let you know as soon as I learn more, I'm sure one of the Kodak experts may chime in as well.
Preps
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
G7 Expert

Nick Burns

I know this is an ancient thread, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this software. We're switching platesetters and our front end vendor wanted $10,000 to turn on CIP output. We also had the option of having our platesetter vendor turn it on on their side for $10,000. Excourse PressPerCent gives you way more functionality than any of the others and here's the kicker, it costs a whopping $245! I played with the demo yesterday, emailed them with questions today, and had responses and answers within minutes. I just bought it and it is awesome. You get universal binaries that will run on PowerPC or Intel, Tiger through Lion!

The demo is fully working except for it won't let you customize plate sizes until you purchase.

Quote from: rotarypower3 on April 06, 2009, 05:54:31 AMWe've been using PressPerCent. You can download a free slightly limited version here...

Oh by the way, YOU'RE WELCOME!

Joe

Quote from: Nick Burns on April 20, 2012, 01:23:26 PMI know this is an ancient thread, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this software. We're switching platesetters and our front end vendor wanted $10,000 to turn on CIP output. We also had the option of having our platesetter vendor turn it on on their side for $10,000. Excourse PressPerCent gives you way more functionality than any of the others and here's the kicker, it costs a whopping $245! I played with the demo yesterday, emailed them with questions today, and had responses and answers within minutes. I just bought it and it is awesome. You get universal binaries that will run on PowerPC or Intel, Tiger through Lion!

The demo is fully working except for it won't let you customize plate sizes until you purchase.

Quote from: rotarypower3 on April 06, 2009, 05:54:31 AMWe've been using PressPerCent. You can download a free slightly limited version here...

Thanks Nick, always nice to have another tool in the shed.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on April 20, 2012, 01:39:57 PM
Quote from: Nick Burns on April 20, 2012, 01:23:26 PMI know this is an ancient thread, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up about this software. We're switching platesetters and our front end vendor wanted $10,000 to turn on CIP output. We also had the option of having our platesetter vendor turn it on on their side for $10,000. Excourse PressPerCent gives you way more functionality than any of the others and here's the kicker, it costs a whopping $245! I played with the demo yesterday, emailed them with questions today, and had responses and answers within minutes. I just bought it and it is awesome. You get universal binaries that will run on PowerPC or Intel, Tiger through Lion!

Actually rotorypower brought it up first.

Just sayin' :banana:

Joe

Quote from: G_Town on April 20, 2012, 02:24:37 PM
Quote from: Joe on April 20, 2012, 01:39:57 PM

Actually rotorypower brought it up first.

Just sayin' :banana:

I must have missed it the first time around.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Yeah, it's a pretty intuitive app for ink data. The guy that wrote it, customized it for us based on some of our initial problems. After realizing JUST getting ink data from the RIP into .ppf format would cost in upwards of 10K, I think this software is definitely worth the time to check out. The great thing about it is, it is not workflow specific. Meaning, it can be used with any workflow.
Member #285 - Civilian