Signa station schemes

Started by prepressure, October 09, 2009, 02:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

Quote from: WharfRat on October 12, 2009, 09:41:46 PMI have been on Preps for 8 years and Signa for 6 years
(along with some other cheezy "professional" impo  softwares)
I would be interested in hearing what is the "bad" you have heard about Signa.

MSD
I worked with signa some years ago and the only issue I had with it was the ability to easily or mistakingly place crops marks inside the image area by accident if one was distracted and clicked away like I did once with a job with single crop mark in the image. Still can't figure how I managed to do that.

tapdn

Finally heard back from Heidelberg about an evaluation copy of Prinect Signa.
"Without a license, no output is possible.  In Demo mode all he can do is build layouts.  AND...If he does get a license at a later time, the layouts built in demo mode will not output, he will have to rebuild in a Licensed state."
Suppose I can live with that, but still wondering does it have an internal converter for PDF creation or rely on external copy of Acrobat- or a choice like Preps?

Got an answer on that- man says you have to have either Acrobat 8 or 9. Evaluation copy be here tomorrow...
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb