PDF Import Xtension for multiple pages

Started by elenaselzer, November 20, 2009, 08:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elenaselzer

Is there an extension to import a PDF with multiple pages into Quark without having to import one by one?
Thanks.

David

what version of Quark and what OS?

and...

welcome to the B4P forums!

cheers,
David
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

almaink

No and no. No matter what version of Quark. Quark wasn't built for a PDF workflow (it's still postscript based), use InDesign if you want a PDF workflow.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

David

yeah I know, just wanted to give em a chance to think it would happen, you know, kinda like a little bit of hope in the black world of prepress
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

jezza

It might be easier to split the pdf into separate pages before importing, but it's much the same problem though automating it might be easier.

Impose the pdf if you can, that would be a lot easier.

What are you trying to do exactly?
one sick prepress mofo

frailer

Good points. It'll make a diff. whether it's 20 pp or 200. Either way, Document>Extract Pages,. Then, with the right keyboard shortcuts, shouldn't take too long to Place. Still got the same old Quark'n'PDF~oil'n'water problem though.   :sad:
Some more info on your setup etc....where you're heading.   :undecided:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Actually, this may be of some help, repeat may be. Came up in a thread about Scripting, where I was looking for info.

http://startly.com/products/quickeys/mac/4/

Haven't checked it out myself yet, so can't comment as to whether it might be a tool in doing what you want.   :undecided:   If you're talking a repeat/regular job,may be worth following up.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

pspdfppdfxhd

Wow, the original post here was almost 8 years ago.

I wonder if that guy is still waiting for an answer.  :rotf: