Canon imagePress C6000 or 7000 vs Konica?

Started by prepressDog, February 17, 2010, 09:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressDog

We are looking at Canon vs Konica.
We have been using Konica Bizhub 6500 for a few years... b4 that C500.
For the most part Konica has done well for us.... But ready to step up. And not quite ready for true Digital Press....Or the way they claim.... Canon c6000 is a fuser based digital press. (Konica Claims the same...till you have issues...lol...then they always say "its not a press")
Last time I used a Canon was back in the day of fuser oil. Great machines at the time...
Always a BIG Canon fan!
IMO they started it all in regards to Digital Printing with the CLC 1000 back in late 90's.

Looks like they have come a long way....
 So if anyone can give feedback... Be nice to hear others experience.
The big things for us are the fact that the Canon 6000 claims to do 60ppm no matter what the stock weight.
Konica 6500 slows way down to 12ppm on say 12x18 80#C. so if true...big upgrade as far as productivity.
Also Canon 6000 claims to have offset like toner. Cant feel...does not raise up on sheet? Sounds Awesome!! And that it duplexes BOTH sides at same time. So if ALL in ALL quality is good as Konica 6500...my guess better. And can do 60ppm 2Sided...Wow. Think the owners will be sold on Canon.

We have a meeting tomorrow.... So well see.
But real life feedback is the true fact for us (Quality, downtime, color consistent, paper feeding, etc....) So we are hoping a few in this forum can provided some insight. Many Thanks!!
Sales reps tell you anything....And surely have the machine fine tuned with the best files to output.

We are also collecting some REAL life...tricky files. Gradients, etc. to test.
Let me know if you have any real PITA files i could use to test.
Many Thanks!!

delooch

Quote from: prepressDog on February 17, 2010, 09:57:40 AMWe are looking at Canon vs Konica.
We have been using Konica Bizhub 6500 for a few years... b4 that C500.
For the most part Konica has done well for us.... But ready to step up. And not quite ready for true Digital Press....Or the way they claim.... Canon c6000 is a fuser based digital press. (Konica Claims the same...till you have issues...lol...then they always say "its not a press")
Last time I used a Canon was back in the day of fuser oil. Great machines at the time...
Always a BIG Canon fan!
IMO they started it all in regards to Digital Printing with the CLC 1000 back in late 90's.

Looks like they have come a long way....
 So if anyone can give feedback... Be nice to hear others experience.
The big things for us are the fact that the Canon 6000 claims to do 60ppm no matter what the stock weight.
Konica 6500 slows way down to 12ppm on say 12x18 80#C. so if true...big upgrade as far as productivity.
Also Canon 6000 claims to have offset like toner. Cant feel...does not raise up on sheet? Sounds Awesome!! And that it duplexes BOTH sides at same time. So if ALL in ALL quality is good as Konica 6500...my guess better. And can do 60ppm 2Sided...Wow. Think the owners will be sold on Canon.

We have a meeting tomorrow.... So well see.
But real life feedback is the true fact for us (Quality, downtime, color consistent, paper feeding, etc....) So we are hoping a few in this forum can provided some insight. Many Thanks!!
Sales reps tell you anything....And surely have the machine fine tuned with the best files to output.

We are also collecting some REAL life...tricky files. Gradients, etc. to test.
Let me know if you have any real PITA files i could use to test.
Many Thanks!!

hey, we just got a c6000 about 6 months back. not your typical canon crap, this one is a charm (upgraded from a clc5100)

these are NOT oil-based like the clc's. it actually has 2 different fuser assemblies depending on what type stock you are running, they use a "belt/roller" instead of 2 pressure rollers, it makes for some BEAUTIFUL prints.  also physically registers each sheet before the xfer belt, f/b registration is dead-on, even on 13x19 stocks. - weve moved our entire business card runs from our offsets and moved them there.

another plus, is you can run the prints back through a laser without releasing the toner (sometimes we do short-run masters, we could not run CLC prints back through a laser device)

yes, the toner does lay flat, and you cant see the black 'pop' like the clcs. It does not duplex at the same time though, thats bad info.  it does run at full speed though.

the rip is a little more sensitive to transparencies, ive had to fix some older files, and they have major improvements to the impose/finishing functions.

the thing runs any stock ive thrown at it so far, including coated, and tabstock.my only complaint so far is that i need to empty the waster toner about every 8 days, it can be messy.

have to say, canon got that c6000 right.