News:

Main Menu

Upgrades from 7

Started by frailer, June 22, 2010, 06:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Anyone happen to know if upgrades from 7 (QLA) to 8 (individual), would be the same price as 7 (individual) to 8 (individual)? Head office got 7 under Quark License Administrator. It promptly fell over..or didn't work to their liking, and they put it in the freezer. They were transitioning to Indy, anyway. But now they feel the need to upgrade, as they have a terminal case of UF (Upgrade Fever).
I would imagine that it should be dearer, as the QLA purchase was cheaper at the time. But then Quark seem to be giving away quality Korean steak knives with every purchase, so maybe not.  :undecided:
I've forgotten the Mumbai phone prefix, honest!   :lipsrsealed:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Ear

Not sure about the pricing form one to another but on another note... I received a monogrammed pen from Quark. I wasn't surprised when it didn't work.  :rolleyes:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

frailer

I have received no answer. Thinking now I'll just let parent Co. dezinger people sort their own upgrades, as it will no doubt involve the copying of long serial Nos.
When I submitted the enquiry, it was via the site, and I double-checked that my email address was correct.  They seem to be in disarray. Lot's of heavy marketing, not much else. The playground bully now has free reign, I guess.   :undecided:
May have to just get Q2ID for prepress, given how often we see them.  Not too expensive, from memory. We had a Q file last week. 1st one in...about 18 months.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Quote from: frailer on July 01, 2010, 01:54:29 PMWe had a Q file last week. 1st one in...about 18 months.

That's 1 too many. And could you please just call it "q"? Doesn't deserve to be a proper noun.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on July 01, 2010, 03:36:42 PM
Quote from: frailer on July 01, 2010, 01:54:29 PMWe had a Q file last week. 1st one in...about 18 months.

That's 1 too many. And could you please just call it "q"? Doesn't deserve to be a proper noun.

quark
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

That's what I meant. The color doesn't matter, it's all sh!t in the end.

David

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca