News:

Main Menu

10.6.5 is out

Started by Chilbear, November 11, 2010, 12:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilbear

I have installed it onto the SL machines. No explosions yet. As the more-wise-than-I say YMMV.

Farabomb

Fingers crossed, DLing now.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Just installed. No smoke yet.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on November 11, 2010, 01:40:58 PMJust installed. No smoke yet.

did they un-break anything obvious like the Finder sucking ballz and having to have focus on a window to drag something out of it?
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

I'm a chronic late adopter; like a timid mouse. Go guinea pigs...    :evil:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

I'm a squirrely Luddite, still using Pagemaker on OS 9 and loving it. :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

t-pat

Quote from: frailer on November 11, 2010, 05:18:24 PMI'm a chronic late adopter; like a timid mouse. Go guinea pigs...    :evil:

not much of a choice here, brand spankin new machine. I don't like SL's finder, they fucked it up and removed features I'd use daily, seriously wtf is with this new finder?
vdp donkey

Joe

Quote from: frailer on November 11, 2010, 05:18:24 PMI'm a chronic late adopter; like a timid mouse. Go guinea pigs...    :evil:

I have to stay updated and keep an eye on Prinergy/Insite and make sure it didn't break anything with it because I know there are customers that will do the deed the minute it becomes available.

Joe

Quote from: tpatterson on November 11, 2010, 05:38:52 PM

not much of a choice here, brand spankin new machine. I don't like SL's finder, they fucked it up and removed features I'd use daily, seriously wtf is with this new finder?

What is missing? I haven't really noticed anything myself.

Farabomb

Finder seems slower on mine but I didn't notice anything missing.

Ever notice most early adopters are the ones that couldn't use the previous version correctly? Like magically the new version would make you competent?

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Quote from: Farabomb on November 12, 2010, 08:24:55 AMLike magically the new version would make you competent?

you mean it doesn't?   damn, and that was one of the selling points...

sux big ones
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Magic sure seems to be one of quark's major selling points.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

Quote from: Joe on November 11, 2010, 05:47:55 PM
Quote from: tpatterson on November 11, 2010, 05:38:52 PM

What is missing? I haven't really noticed anything myself.

must have focus on a window to do anything to files in it (click to gain focus on window, then click and drag instead of just click and drag from wherever to wherever)
Sidebar behaves totally differently, I used to have stuff in there like scripts to rename files, you could drop stuff on it there and it would behave like you dropped it on the script or program or whatever, now it's just shortcuts to "places" or can launch from there.
Finder is generally laggy and stupid. Extremely slow response from when you click on something to when it actually registers as being clicked on. This is on network and local files. Worse on network.
Sidebar - again, wtf. Remote shares don't automatically show in sidebar when mounted *unless* you drop them there once, then they'll show up again when mounted.
Finder - icon preview settings don't stick - I keep getting them no matter what.
Finder - no more "tab" "Spacebar" to confirm yes/no or cancel/replace dialogs - you have to apple+1st letter of button now - why??
Other subtle but noticeable differences if you're used to it behaving one way.
vdp donkey

David

is this in the new update or just Snow Leopard in general?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

The latest Snow Leopard OS update.