News:

Main Menu

Anyone still using odystar

Started by jminrod, May 20, 2011, 06:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jminrod

I just started a new job and the company has just purchased odyestar about a year ago. Every forum I look into only has post about odystar from 2009 and a couple from 2010. Has it pretty much gone away. A little nervous. I had prinergy connect for the last 15 years and this doesn't appear to be all that bad if or when it works. Let me know good or bad please. Thanks

Joe

We had it for awhile a few years ago but they could never get web growth compensation working in it which they had promised us that it would. Also it was very slow sending imposed flats back into Nexus for output. That could all be fixed by now. That's been about 5 years ago. We now use Prinergy Connect.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

PrepressN00b

Odystar and Evo are actually very similar. That being said. Esko has a new workflow called Automation Engine 10 which combines the strengths of their 3 previous workflows (Nexus, Odystar and Backstage) all into one. Call esko, they offered us a free migration to AE10 because we had Odystar and Nexus. We did have to pay for training and installation but that was well worth it.

Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software