3D printing

Started by Tracy, July 07, 2011, 06:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 11, 2011, 10:48:38 AM
Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on July 11, 2011, 10:46:12 AM
Quote from: gnubler on July 11, 2011, 08:13:50 AMThe 35mph is just the "maximum" allowable speed - you can drive at whatever speed you want, even down to 25mph. I tend to drive around 31mph in 35mph zones.
I thought you're supposed add 10 miles to the speed posted.  :huh: <===== filled with  :sarcasm:
My wife just goes 75 everywhere, no matter the posted limit

Awesome. In the 40mph zones I prefer driving around 58, but on the highway I drive around 25mph because I'm always afraid of my wheels flying off.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

When I was a kid on family vacations I always wanted to speed through Nevada as fast as possible. When my Aunt was driving, she always said she didn't want to drive faster than 80 because if she blew a tire, she felt like she could still gain control of the car at that speed.  :wtf:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

Gas mileage goes to shit over 70 just trying to overcome wind resistance.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Yep, I read a book that was about the fastest cross country trip and it wasn't about all out speed, it was about how fast to go before the speed cost more of a penalty than the gas stops.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Driving across Nevada is even more desolate than driving across New Mexico. Over 100 miles between towns along Hwy 55.

If anyone else has done that drive I am sorry to announce some fuckface chopped down the Shoe Tree last year, just "for fun".
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Haven't made this run in a while, but if I recall, it takes about 4 hours to go from Reno to McDermitt (on the Idaho/Nevada border). That road has two towns in between. Lovelock and Winnemucca.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Diff route. Hwy 55 runs thru the middle. I stayed overnight in Austin, it was a cool little town but nothing was open except one diner where I got a lot of stares.

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on July 11, 2011, 01:57:44 PMDiff route. Hwy 55 runs thru the middle. I stayed overnight in Austin, it was a cool little town but nothing was open except one diner where I got a lot of stares.

was it because of the socks?
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

Dreadlocks. Not the latest fashion craze in a town of 300 in the middle of Nevada.  :laugh:

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on July 11, 2011, 02:00:40 PMDreadlocks. Not the latest fashion craze in a town of 300 in the middle of Nevada.  :laugh:

Real ones or the "Lee press-on" variety? :)
vdp donkey

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on July 11, 2011, 01:22:35 PMDriving across Nevada is even more desolate than driving across New Mexico. Over 100 miles between towns along Hwy 55.

If anyone else has done that drive I am sorry to announce some fuckface chopped down the Shoe Tree last year, just "for fun".

I-70 through Kansas is one long boring-ass drive as well.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: tpatterson on July 11, 2011, 02:01:34 PM
Quote from: gnubler on July 11, 2011, 02:00:40 PMDreadlocks. Not the latest fashion craze in a town of 300 in the middle of Nevada.  :laugh:

They were real. Then I realized I'm not black so I de-dreaded each and every one and lost about 1/3 of my hair in the process.

Ear

Quote from: gnubler on July 11, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

They were real. Then I realized I'm not black so I de-dreaded each and every one and lost about 1/3 of my hair in the process.

So I can't call you Token?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

t-pat

Quote from: gnubler on July 11, 2011, 02:32:43 PMThey were real. Then I realized I'm not black so I de-dreaded each and every one and lost about 1/3 of my hair in the process.

funny, I did the no-guard trimmer cut this weekend. Freaking out the co-workers a bit. I look like "The Thing"
vdp donkey

gnubler

Quote from: Earendil on July 11, 2011, 02:36:39 PM
Quote from: gnubler on July 11, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

So I can't call you Token?

You can but no one would get it because I don't look like a typical African Amerkin.  :afro: