KONICA BIZHUB with the IC-304 controller

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, September 22, 2011, 07:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.....we're receiving 10-50 individual color pdfs on a daily basis that we have to print to make up 4up forms (as a dummy for the pressmen) and it's a real pain in the ass having to copy each one into the hot folders we have that store at the rip. Each one has to be opened, the parameters set and printed individually. Now we do have a hot folder for printing direct without intervention but it does not duplex automatically. We'd like to be able to drop (for example) 30 at a time and have them come out backed up with no intervention to save a lot of time.

Any help appreciated.

gnubler

Is IC-304 a fiery RIP?

Our KM has a Creo RIP. I can create any number of print queues with specific parameters, drop a PDF in the hot folder, and off it goes.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

pspdfppdfxhd

pspdfppdfxhd

gnubler

Make a new queue and tell it to duplex. I've created at least a dozen custom queues on mine.

Our machine never backs up perfectly without human intervention, but that may not be an issue just for an in-house proof.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

pspdfppdfxhd

no the backup is not an issue, it's just to get a rough idea of the color as last week a pressman mixed up the magenta and yellow plates on the press and ran the wrong color on the back side of the form. (big commotion!). In all fairness we were only giving them black and white proofs taped up 4-up to make sure they were backed up properly, etc.

Only problem is I don't know how to create a print queue. Is that going to produce a hot folder?

pspdfppdfxhd

I'm seeing something about adding a "virtual printer" in the manual.... is that where I should be looking.

Chilbear

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on September 22, 2011, 09:35:14 AMno the backup is not an issue, it's just to get a rough idea of the color as last week a pressman mixed up the magenta and yellow plates on the press and
Why not just put "Cyan Magenta Yelo Black" on every plate with colour bars?

pspdfppdfxhd

We did that. We're not rookies here you know! :lmao:

Farabomb

So how did the pressman screw it up?

Because pressman...
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

On the Creo go under Tools > Resource Center and choose Virtual Printers from the drop down. You should have some there already. Make a new one and set params.

These generate hot folders on the RIP and I've created aliases of some of them on my Mac desktop so I can just drop in PDFs and they print.

pspdfppdfxhd

Thanks Gnubler, I think I can pull this off.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: gnubler on September 22, 2011, 10:47:46 AMOn the Creo go under Tools > Resource Center and choose Virtual Printers from the drop down. You should have some there already. Make a new one and set params.

These generate hot folders on the RIP and I've created aliases of some of them on my Mac desktop so I can just drop in PDFs and they print.

Pressman walk up with magenta plate and put on the yellow unit. Pressman walk up with yellow plate and put on the magenta unit.

(A Man's shirt on front of the form is blue, on the back it's green. Funny but swapping the yellow and magenta plates hardly made the faces look any different. Maybe he was just looking at the faces.)

pspdfppdfxhd

whoops, sorry, I was quoting Farabombs last comment. :embarrassed: :embarrassed: