News:

Main Menu

No load for PitStop 7

Started by jimking, December 20, 2011, 02:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Earendil on December 21, 2011, 03:34:22 PMOkay, now your nose is starting to grow, wooden head.  :hello:

Is anyone else getting slaughtered today? We were pretty slow this morning, a couple jobs... no big deal. In 30 minutes it was balls to the wall. The excuse of the day? "We're (Customers) wanting to close down tomorrow and Friday... so we're trying to get this pushed through."

If I had any hair, I would be pulling it out.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 21, 2011, 04:21:28 PM
Quote from: Earendil on December 21, 2011, 03:34:22 PMOkay, now your nose is starting to grow, wooden head.  :hello:

Is anyone else getting slaughtered today? We were pretty slow this morning, a couple jobs... no big deal. In 30 minutes it was balls to the wall. The excuse of the day? "We're (Customers) wanting to close down tomorrow and Friday... so we're trying to get this pushed through."

Same here. I'm as busy as a mouse at a cheese fair.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

For the first time in 2 months, it's actually let up a little bit. I had some work, but I finished it all (except for a proof I am waiting on the 7880 to finish up). I just got a rush job, but it's a copy job and I literally finished it in 2 minutes.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on December 21, 2011, 04:22:53 PM

What I don't really get? We are backed up for 2 weeks. What is getting pushed through? Nothing, WE'RE BACKED UP FOR 2 GODDAMN WEEKS! Another thing, just because I'm in that kinda mood.... why is it so hard to put a label or title on your e-mail indicating what it is? I swear to god... I get 50 e-mails a day, about half of them are titled "correction" or "job" and not one clue as to what they pertain to. Like we only work on one job... theirs. UGH!
Member #285 - Civilian

born2print

Quote from: Joe on December 21, 2011, 04:14:18 PMLets all edit a PDF in Illustrator.
:rolleyes:
That should do it!  :grin:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

frailer

We close Friday. Re-open Jan 03. But I have a processor slush out; maybe do it Saturday, avoid Xmas Eve stupidity, which is everywhere. People driving as though they're being pursued by Charles Manson.

But booked in to see Tintin in 3D next Wed... in the lounge thingy where you get food served... lay-back seats.   :grin:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: frailer on December 21, 2011, 05:11:21 PMWe close Friday. Re-open Jan 03. But I have a processor slush out; maybe do it Saturday, avoid Xmas Eve stupidity, which is everywhere. People driving as though they're being pursued by Charles Manson.

But booked in to see Tintin in 3D next Wed... in the lounge thingy where you get food served... lay-back seats.   :grin:

Nice. Have a good time.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 21, 2011, 04:32:23 PM

What I don't really get? We are backed up for 2 weeks. What is getting pushed through? Nothing, WE'RE BACKED UP FOR 2 GODDAMN WEEKS! Another thing, just because I'm in that kinda mood.... why is it so hard to put a label or title on your e-mail indicating what it is? I swear to god... I get 50 e-mails a day, about half of them are titled "correction" or "job" and not one clue as to what they pertain to. Like we only work on one job... theirs. UGH!

You mean you work on more than one customers job? I thought every customer had their own personal prepress slave just sitting around waiting on their job 24/7?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on December 21, 2011, 05:16:00 PM

You mean you work on more than one customers job? I thought every customer had their own personal prepress slave just sitting around waiting on their job 24/7?

They actually think this. A company this large dependent on an A-7 envelope. There are 100 people here, get that envelope in! Peoples gotta eat! :hangme:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on December 21, 2011, 05:22:43 PM
Quote from: Joe on December 21, 2011, 05:16:00 PM

They actually think this. A company this large dependent on an A-7 envelope. There are 100 people here, get that envelope in! Peoples gotta eat! :hangme:

How well I know.

Ear

I'm right there with you, DCS. Kind of slow last week... came in Monday this week and BAM, busy as a cat trying to bury a crap on a marble floor. Everyone has the same story too... "I'm late on this project and I'm leaving town to have Christmas with family so can you get a proof for me by this afternoon"? "Oh, by the way, I didn't have time to make PDF so I gave it to you as 16 individual Illustrator files, hope you're okay with that"... isn't this a 32 page book?... opens files, reader spreads in illy.... great...  :hangme:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

it's that "magical" time of the year, isn't it?

hohoho!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Talk about the opposite...

Walked in this morning to find the 48 page magazine proof still sitting here - no one bothered to deliver it to the customer. Two tickets on my wall - only 2. One was a correction (capitalize an "a" on page 3) to a 20 page K/K book and the other was a ticket for a job I had proofed the day before (with no ticket, since I knew the customer and the boss wasn't here to write it up). The other jobs are out on proof, and one got put "on hold" until the 27th. I guess I'll be sent home early today.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

jimking

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca