News:

Main Menu

Word PDF_Colour

Started by frailer, January 04, 2012, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

In-house 'rabbit'. Nice lady. Place cards. They are gonne print these out on a laser (34 pages in all in doc), but the background colour is meant to be 'navy', but almost Black. I've been asked to look; maybe change to Reflex Blue.
OK, I changed all RGB to CMYK (EAL). But there's no specific colour in the fields to run a conversion EAL on. No doubt because it's from Word. I stripped ICC Profiles off, too. Have I created a problem in doing that?
I'll Extract and Place a page and reExport. see if something comes good there.  :shrug:
screenshot.

Yeah, it's an image...  meh... 

Stand easy. 4 images /page = 5 mins to convert to Reflex Bleu in Inspector. It will go away then. The more time spent in the vicinity of a Word PDF, the higher the risk. Sorta like radiation; it's cumulative.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

Hmmm... even though the conversion slider to Reflex Blue, in Inspector, is showing 100%, the resaved PDF is reading 84% Reflex Blue in Acrobat Seps.. No ICC tags.  Any way I can get it to 100 Reflex?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Update 3 of Pitstop 10 says it fixed some channel remap problems though beware of the problems that digicorn and Tracy encountered with the update. It worked fine for me.

Anyhoo...it's an image and the image is probably only reading 84% and bringing the slider all the way to 100% will only give you 84 percent. I would open the images in photoshop, convert to gray. Adjust so the heaviest part is 100%, save back into PDF then remap the black to reflex blue in Inspector.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Thanks Joe, that makes sense. Not going the PhSh route as there are 138 images to open. Took a stab at converting 4 at a time (1 page), to 648C. Hopefully, 84% of that will get her close enough, after the laser printer does whatever it does.   :rolleyes:  What do you guys say over there? A crap shoot.   :laugh:

After that it's KIB. This job dances to the Cheapskate Cha Cha.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on January 05, 2012, 04:41:25 AMThanks Joe, that makes sense. Not going the PhSh route as there are 138 images to open. Took a stab at converting 4 at a time (1 page), to 648C. Hopefully, 84% of that will get her close enough, after the laser printer does whatever it does.   :rolleyes:  What do you guys say over there? A crap shoot.   :laugh:

After that it's KIB. This job dances to the Cheapskate Cha Cha.

Only 138? :laugh:

I think I would KIB too. I think you will see a screen at 84%.

Tracy

Quote from: Joe on January 04, 2012, 10:38:36 PMUpdate 3 of Pitstop 10 says it fixed some channel remap problems though beware of the problems that digicorn and Tracy encountered with the update. It worked fine for me.

Anyhoo...it's an image and the image is probably only reading 84% and bringing the slider all the way to 100% will only give you 84 percent. I would open the images in photoshop, convert to gray. Adjust so the heaviest part is 100%, save back into PDF then remap the black to reflex blue in Inspector.
ooh ooh
can you show me how you do this?
remap the K image to spot with pitstop.
I usually make the image K in PS and then grab the image with an object
to color in illy

Joe

It's in the screen capture of inspector posted above Tracy.

Tracy

Tracy

I see there you can also create a varnish by selecting an object
does anyone use this?

Joe

I never create varnishes so no I have not.

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on January 05, 2012, 02:59:59 PMI see there you can also create a varnish by selecting an object
does anyone use this?

yes

DigiCorn

Quote from: Tracy on January 05, 2012, 02:59:59 PMI see there you can also create a varnish by selecting an object
does anyone use this?
i tried once. couldn't figure it out in 5 minutes, so i gave up. i do all my varnishes in Rampage anyway. much easier.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

looks like it's pretty easy but you don't see the varnish till you turn off
the other colors, which may cause a problem if your getting your
varnish done outside, Im gonna check it out tho.

frailer

Play around... depends how your finisher wants it. You could remap the Varn to another more visible colour. Or copy the original composite PDF, with varn., and run Joe;s schmick little EAL, to remove the process colours. That would give you a finisher varn-only. Am at home, so can't check it out. He'll know; he gave it to me.   :laugh:  Pretty sure that's how it worked.   :undecided:

Tracy

Thanks Frailer!
I need to dig around pitstop when I'm slow and done with maintenance.
there is so much there,
I need to step up to the Actions
I only do global right now