Error in import module

Started by DHG, January 24, 2012, 12:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

you don't mention what the version of .ai you are using.
Is it CS4, CS5, or?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DHG

Quote from: david on January 26, 2012, 02:18:19 PMyou don't mention what the version of .ai you are using.
Is it CS4, CS5, or?

Tried both 4 and 5.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on January 26, 2012, 01:56:01 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 26, 2012, 01:20:29 PMFrom Prepressure...

PostScript error: typecheck
A PostScript error: typecheck is one of the most common PostScript errors. It signals that the RIP encounters an operand of a wrong type – i.e. an operator expected one type of data and got something else.

Most common causes:

Typecheck errors are usually cause by corrupted data. This may indicate a problem with the printer driver. Try reinstalling it if the error occurs printing from various applications. Check the network and/or server if the error persists.

Try copying and pasting your data to a new document.
Try opening and resaving all images and links.

Offending command "dF3(!2xT" (or other random characters)

If the offending command contains random characters, it may indicate a problem with the communications link or driver. This problem may also occur when PostScript files are transferred from one computer platform to another. Try using an 'ASCII' or 'Text only' format instead of a binary format when saving.

It's been awhile but what I remember from Nexus is once it throws the VMerror, any errors afterward are not really relevant since the stream is corrupted once it runs out of VM.

I'm kinda flying blind on this, since I have no idea what to expect from Nexus. I still think it's the file. Unfortunately, DHG won't post it, so I can't really help any more than that.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 26, 2012, 02:26:05 PM
Quote from: Joe on January 26, 2012, 01:56:01 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 26, 2012, 01:20:29 PMFrom Prepressure...

PostScript error: typecheck
A PostScript error: typecheck is one of the most common PostScript errors. It signals that the RIP encounters an operand of a wrong type – i.e. an operator expected one type of data and got something else.

Most common causes:

Typecheck errors are usually cause by corrupted data. This may indicate a problem with the printer driver. Try reinstalling it if the error occurs printing from various applications. Check the network and/or server if the error persists.

Try copying and pasting your data to a new document.
Try opening and resaving all images and links.

Offending command "dF3(!2xT" (or other random characters)

If the offending command contains random characters, it may indicate a problem with the communications link or driver. This problem may also occur when PostScript files are transferred from one computer platform to another. Try using an 'ASCII' or 'Text only' format instead of a binary format when saving.

It's been awhile but what I remember from Nexus is once it throws the VMerror, any errors afterward are not really relevant since the stream is corrupted once it runs out of VM.

I'm kinda flying blind on this, since I have no idea what to expect from Nexus. I still think it's the file. Unfortunately, DHG won't post it, so I can't really help any more than that.

Yes, it could be the file. And probably is.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Hard to tell without something to look at/test.
Member #285 - Civilian

DHG

[/quote]

I know. Thanks, I appreciate it, but because of the whole confidentiality agreement, with it, I can't.

I may have come up with a workaround that I have used in the past where I print it to a raster workflow and then make the PDF from the PSTI file.

Joe

Quote from: DHG on January 26, 2012, 02:31:45 PMI'm kinda flying blind on this, since I have no idea what to expect from Nexus. I still think it's the file. Unfortunately, DHG won't post it, so I can't really help any more than that.

I know. Thanks, I appreciate it, but because of the whole confidentiality agreement, with it, I can't.

I may have come up with a workaround that I have used in the past where I print it to a raster workflow and then make the PDF from the PSTI file.
[/quote]

That's going to be a huge PDF. Hope you don't need to email it. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DHG

Haha. I know. Only 150mb going on a disc or FTP so not an issue.

Thanks again.

G_Town

Quote from: DHG on January 26, 2012, 02:48:47 PMHaha. I know. Only 150mb going on a disc or FTP so not an issue.

Thanks again.

You are printing out of ai to nexus?

Have you tried making saving a pdf from ai and submitting that to nexus?

DHG

Quote from: G_Town on January 26, 2012, 02:51:57 PM
Quote from: DHG on January 26, 2012, 02:48:47 PMHaha. I know. Only 150mb going on a disc or FTP so not an issue.

Thanks again.

Doing a run file on the .ai file. Do it all the time without any problem. Tried printing out of .ai to the same workflow too.

Yes, tried a PDF too as well as placing in InDesign and printing. All gave me the same exact errors.

Also tried copying and pasting into a new .ai document as well as changing the name of the file. All came up with the same errors.

G_Town

Quote from: DHG on January 26, 2012, 03:01:19 PM
Quote from: G_Town on January 26, 2012, 02:51:57 PM

Thanks again.

Doing a run file on the .ai file. Do it all the time without any problem. Tried printing out of .ai to the same workflow too.

Yes, tried a PDF too as well as placing in InDesign and printing. All gave me the same exact errors.

Also tried copying and pasting into a new .ai document as well as changing the name of the file. All came up with the same errors.

Sounds like it's time to delete one image at a time and try to re-rip. Fonts converted to outlines?

DHG

Yes, all fonts are outlines. If my workaround didn't work, which it did thankfully, deleting images one at a time was going to be my next step. When I have some time, I am probably going to do that anyway because I would like to get to the root of the problem in case it should happen again.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DHG on January 27, 2012, 07:25:20 AMYes, all fonts are outlines. If my workaround didn't work, which it did thankfully, deleting images one at a time was going to be my next step. When I have some time, I am probably going to do that anyway because I would like to get to the root of the problem in case it should happen again.

Smart man... work in Prepress? :hello:
Member #285 - Civilian

DHG

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sometimes I think WAY too long :rolleyes:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DHG on January 27, 2012, 08:57:26 AM

[/quote]

Sometimes I think WAY too long :rolleyes: