Canon 7010 loses job count

Started by Slappy, February 07, 2012, 01:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

This is a new one to me, if we're running a job & it errors out for any reason that throws the job down into the Hold Queue - the Canon starts back at 1 instead of wherever it left off. We have the Creo RIP instead of the Fiery, and the techs (shockingly) are clueless as to why it does this. Any similar experience with these pos RIPs?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

delooch

our 6000 w/firey rip doesnt say where it quit either.. You can look at the print log and it will tell you how many sheets it completed before it choked, but you gotta poke around for that.  not sure on the Creo rip..

boosted29

Yeah We have experienced this before as well.

I suggest checking the Print Log as delooch pointed out.

Go to the main Screen on the machine
Press System Monitor > Print Status(Tab) > Log (Tab) > (Find your Job) > Details

Sometimes you might need to do a little math depending on the particulars of said job.
Quote from: gnubler on October 22, 2010, 12:54:19 PM
It's called "prepress". :laugh:

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.

Slappy

Ah ha! Just had to use that today, the thing took a giant shit on us in the middle of a saddle-stitch run. I showed the operator & he was amazed! Thanks man.  :goodpost:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.