HP Indigo

Started by Stiv, October 26, 2012, 06:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

Anyone have one? I'd like your opinion.

DCurry

The shop I just got laid off from had a 5500. I was very impressed with it both from a quality standpoint as well as reliability. In the 3 years I worked there, it was only ever down for routine scheduled maintenance. We had a very good operator, so that helped, too.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Slappy

Not any more, the last place ran the 5000 model as well. I've posted at length on them before but the long & short:

Great machines when they're running. A good, trained operator is a must have, and although they're not the cheapest device out there, the quality is second to none. At this point, I think a 7000 or 7500 model is probably the farthest back you would want to invest in. I can't really speak to their reliability since we only had the 5000.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Stiv

Headed to Boston in a few weeks for training.

Slappy

Sweet! Which model did they spring for, and is there an Operator going to training too?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Stiv

It is a 7600.

The operator is going in Nov & I will be training in early Dec.

DigiCorn

Here's to hoping you avoid a Nor'Easter.

I spent a month in Boston (Quincy), Cape Cod and Newport, RI when I was 14. Back then, I thought it was awesome. I always dream of going back - I remember a lot of bars (besides Cheers). I even saw them filming part of a Spenser For Hire in an alley.  I just want to go back, get some chowder and drink a tall, frosty one.

If you care about basketball, the Naismith Hall of Fame is in Springfield, a few hours drive almost due West.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway