Mac Photoshop CS6

Started by DigiCorn, July 09, 2013, 09:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

So a few months back we went to CS6 on the Mac. Now, I can ONLY save files from Photoshop to our server via smb. It's the only way. afp no worky at all. Is this a setting somewhere? I'm really sick of forgetting and getting this message every time. :wtf:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Never seen the message but then when do not use AFP at all anymore.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

The version of Rampage we are on requires an afp connection. The latest build can work via smb, but it's a $7,500-10,000 upgrade because we can't run it on our existing Rampage server box.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

You do have the option to make a share enabled for both SMB and AFP at the same time so you could use AFP for Rampage while using SMB from the Macs. What OS is doing the AFP sharing? If it is a Windows server box like 2000 or 2003. AFP is woefully outdated on both of those. More-so for 2000 but 2003 is getting long in the tooth also.

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

also, if you know how to make windows 2000 or 2003 (server) "see" windows 8 shares, that'd be really awesome
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 09, 2013, 09:40:38 AMalso, if you know how to make windows 2000 or 2003 (server) "see" windows 8 shares, that'd be really awesome

As I replied in your other thread about this my Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 servers can see, connect, and copy to and from Windows 8 shares. If you setup your Windows 8 account using a Microsoft account email address then that might be giving you a problem as some OS's won't let you connect properly using an email address as a user name. Try setting up a local admin account on Windows 8 with just a normal user name and password and then try connecting to the Windows 8 box from you servers using that account info.

DigiCorn

I loaded a font in FEX (Rockwell) and my Photoshop CS6 started crashing. I deleted the font, and it still kept crashing. I cleaned all the cashes, rebooted several times, etc. and it crashes immediately upon launch. I've since removed all traces of the Rockwell font from my system - it is not in the FEX library, and not in any system or preference folders. Still can't get CS6 to launch. Time to reinstall Photoshop CS6?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

nevermind - applejack fixed it
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

DigiCorn

yeah, thanks! you guys are the best.

:sarcasm:?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

I have a pretty big photoshop job and I suck at photoshop
lots of effects and text
can you replace fonts like in indesign?
It seems it will replace the font with what it wants to replace it with
How can I replace fonts without selecting the text?

DigiCorn

I'm curious myself. I don't know of a way to change the font without selecting each font layer individually. There's no "find font" feature like ID or Illy.

When you open the file, don't click on "update," or it will change your fonts.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

One layer at a time, manually.

I'd KIB.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Tracy

got all the text updated, waiting on the changes to come
It was really well done, except for the fact it's in photoshop :laugh: