Know any good Itek 430 repair/service places in the Boston area??

Started by Fontaholic, July 21, 2014, 09:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on July 23, 2014, 08:13:26 AMDo you still use the Approval? I haven't seen one in about 10 years. It did make a nice proof, so long as you weren't in a hurry.

No that was the previous job. We don't do any proof at all here other than screen proofs.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 23, 2014, 08:14:29 AMI was thinking about this last night... the Kodak system that we used was called Contract, not Approval.

White backing board, laminate magenta, peel off clear, lay down your first neg. UV filter over exposure lamp, expose, remove neg, and process. Next color, yellow, the proof room had yellow light fluorescent light covers so we did M first, register neg to magenta, tape in place and expose. Wash-rinse-repeat for cyan and black. The last burn was for the clear coat. It was laminated in place and rather than use the UV filter, we used a clear filter and exposed. Trim to size and done.

I also remember that anytime that the laminate came off while pulling off the clear, you could put it in the processor and it would rinse off the laminate so you didn't have to start all over again. Also, before you put the clear coat down, that was the time you picked any trash or air bubbles out.

Now that I have completely relived this nightmare, it makes the tornado not seem so bad. :rolleyes:

Yeah I remember the Kodak Contract proofs. Kodaks first bid I think to take over the proofing world. They never really caught on. I used to receive a few of them but never had to make any.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

Quote from: Farabomb on July 23, 2014, 09:56:42 AMPossum, you typing this on a IIc?

No, the oldest Mac I worked on was an SE/30, I think. I wore it out working for a newspaper. It smoked and died two months after I left.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Ear

I have a llci in a closet at home. It has an upgraded coprocessor and Photoshop 2 installed.  :grin: Haven't fired it up in 15 years but I bet she would start.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Possum

I bet she would too as long as the battery is good. The newer ones just aren't as sturdy and dependable as the old ones. 'Course, I'm prejudiced, because it looks like I'm going to have PPC for the rest of my life. They're tanks, I tell ya! :laugh:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.