MIS System Recommendations

Started by Nick Burns, October 06, 2014, 04:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Burns

Apologies if I'm not posting this in the right section, please move if need be.
Could everyone please tell me which MIS system your shop uses and whether or not you are satisfied with it?

I'm looking for honest answers from the trenches.

Avanti? Accura? Monarch? Presidio? PressWise? PrintSmith?

Thanks!
Oh by the way, YOU'RE WELCOME!

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Nick Burns on October 06, 2014, 04:06:49 PMApologies if I'm not posting this in the right section, please move if need be.
Could everyone please tell me which MIS system your shop uses and whether or not you are satisfied with it?

I'm looking for honest answers from the trenches.

Avanti? Accura? Monarch? Presidio? PressWise? PrintSmith?

Thanks!

We use Proshop. It blows. Hahaha!
Member #285 - Civilian

Nick Burns

Yes, thanks DCS, that's very helpful. So we've established...

ProShop bad

Next please?

David

Monarch by EFI here, full blown,  massive corp wide distruction
We use Prinflow, Foundation, and several other componets.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Nick Burns on October 06, 2014, 04:49:55 PMYes, thanks DCS, that's very helpful. So we've established...

ProShop bad

Next please?

Hey, I'm here to help in any way I can.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Nick Burns

Thanks David. Your shop must have DEEP pockets. Helpful to know you are satisfied with it.

Slappy

Filemaker. No, really - not kidding.  :shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

andyfest

Quote from: Nick Burns on October 06, 2014, 04:49:55 PMYes, thanks DCS, that's very helpful. So we've established...

ProShop bad

Next please?
You can add Amtech to the "blows" list. A clunkier piece of shit software can't be found anywhere.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

mwc

Also, used to use a homespun filemaker kludge that got us thru about 15 years. Then, finally made the decision to move-up to a solution that didn't involve a great deal of my 'extra' time to get more robust feature sets. looked at Avanti, EFI-Pace and a slew of others...but not willing able to pay to HIGH prices that these vendors required....settled on a nice-priced solution called PrintPoint (www.printpoint.com). It has taken us to the next level without too much disruption. As with every system, there a things I love, and things I hate, and 'stuff' i would like it to do 'better'...but I the larger view of economical solutions that do what we need it to do...it is a winner.
Client/Server based 4D solution for Mac/PC. Not browser based.

David

Quote from: Nick Burns on October 06, 2014, 05:00:35 PMThanks David. Your shop must have DEEP pockets. Helpful to know you are satisfied with it.
yeah, deep pockets for some stuff, not so much the pay scale.
We are deep into EFI. 

and you know who I work for, right?  starts with a q, 2nd largest printer in the us, 5 billion in sales a year, 25000 employees around the globe.  just your average mom & pop.
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: david on October 07, 2014, 08:15:17 AM
Quote from: Nick Burns on October 06, 2014, 05:00:35 PMThanks David. Your shop must have DEEP pockets. Helpful to know you are satisfied with it.
yeah, deep pockets for some stuff, not so much the pay scale.
We are deep into EFI. 

and you know who I work for, right?  starts with a q, 2nd largest printer in the us, 5 billion in sales a year, 25000 employees around the globe.  just your average mom & pop.

We all are in the same kayak without a paddle and headgear headed for Niagara Falls. What was it that crazy squirrel used to say?
Member #285 - Civilian

andyfest

Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Ear

A Nick Burns sighting? It cannot be by chance alone that this event precedes the coming of the rare blood-moon. 
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Ear on October 07, 2014, 12:52:20 PM
A Nick Burns sighting? It cannot be by chance alone that this event precedes the coming of the rare blood-moon.

Eh, I see him every day. I guess the nostalgia has wore off for me.
Member #285 - Civilian