Main Menu

Bloated pdf

Started by Tracy, December 30, 2015, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Good luck!

you're screwed
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on January 04, 2016, 10:15:11 AMyeah, x4 no work, couldn't even get it to the copier.
I'm starting to think for this file the only option was the 600ppi photoshop.
optimize crashed the x1a, going to try again tho.

As long as the ouput is acceptable...you have my permission! :rotf:

Quote from: Tracy on January 04, 2016, 10:19:18 AM:laugh: They just sent a new file
here we go!

Don't ya just love when that happens?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

:cane: <---- not sure how he got here, but I don't have the heart to delete him. In fact he's kinda growing on me, literally.
Sorta apropos the above, my Optimize in Acrobat pro XI has more or less decided not to work. I was using it to downsize rasterised Black Magic (imposed) PDFs, which are XMF plate files re-rez'd to 720DPI.
We started proofing most 'softies' this way to get render-integrity, and it's saved our derrieres on a number of occasions.

So... I started using 'Minimize File Size' in PitStop EALs. It does an amazing job. Much quicker, and better result than Optimize.
You can edit the settings, of course.

Oh, for anyone using Black Magic, m our settings for the 2 windows for PDF Export are...

Window 1:  180

Window 2:   77
                     2    (there are two fields).

This 'pre-crunches' it nicely, as they are pretty hefty rasterised PDF unless tweaked on the way out. PitStop 'Minimize File Size' just finishes the job, without too much loss of qual. Surprisingly good, actually.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

swampymarsh

Quote from: Tracy on January 04, 2016, 10:02:53 AMswampy
not seeing the Single Fixups in the preflight
curious why you asked about placing multipage with script (I usually will use the script)
I was using the natives tho

Placing more than a few PDF pages with native methods becomes old real fast, the various multipage PDF place scripts remove the repetitive work and are more accurate (placing all files using the same page box and placement positions etc).

I also asked about the OS as I have a great AppleScript posted on another site that automates all of this if you are on a Mac.

The fixups are found here in Acrobat X or earlier:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yscybhpnwswndnc/fixups.png?dl=0

Tracy

Thanks Swampy I will try and find it, I'm on OS 10.11.1
I have Acro DC but I'm not using it yet, using Acro X with pitstop

found the repair document, Thanks!