Enfocus announces PitStop 2017

Started by Joe, March 08, 2017, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swampymarsh

If any Australian users are looking for a local reseller, just send me a message.

Joe

Oh where oh where are my license keys. Would really like to trying using the new software... >:(
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Is there a deadline for the price?
also why go thru a reseller and not online?
more benefits?

Joe

We have a Volume license (8 users) which is only available through a reseller...or so I'm told.

I think ABC had said you had to buy the maintenance contract before this new version was released. Once the new version was released (last Thursday) you would have to pay for the upgrade and the maintenance contract separately

Tracy

Can I upgrade without a contract?

never mind I went and reread from the beginning !!

Tracy

I'm in the process of getting it :banana:

My reseller said they are swamped so it may take awhile.
That's fine with me, let Joe iron it out :laugh:

I was hesitating getting it cause were moving in June and I didn't want to ask for money :laugh:
It's costing a small fortune to move us.

Joe

Never worry about money issues of your employer. They sure as heck don't worry about yours! ;D

I'm still waiting on my product license keys. Enfocus tells me it takes about a week. It has been a week. Luckily I'm running full steam ahead with the new version. I still have 29 days to go on the trial. I hope I have my keys before it expires.

I haven't ran into any issues with the new version other than it has the same problem with Adobe's silent but deadly update. But I haven't needed to use any of the new features yet. Looking forward to trying out the Geomapper thing but haven't needed it yet.

Tracy

Thanks Joe! I should of said something earlier :laugh:

abc

Joe did you get anything yet, I have the understanding the keys were sent to all our resellers at the beginning of this week.
Let me know and I will chase it down if necessary.

Joe

Quote from: abc on April 28, 2017, 08:17:01 AMJoe did you get anything yet, I have the understanding the keys were sent to all our resellers at the beginning of this week.
Let me know and I will chase it down if necessary.

No and my reseller (Matt Beals) told me just yesterday that "Waiting on Enfocus. I have a call into the distributor". I know it isn't Matt's fault as he always sends them out as soon as he gets it. The problem is somewhere up the line from resellers.

Ear

I just upgraded. The Inspector has been tossed about and now has masks and drama face icons... snazzy.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

I just tested it and yep, closing and re-opening Output Preview still does as expected and crashes unexpectedly. 
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Actually it crashes expectedly. I always expect it.

:facepalm:

I haven't gotten into the new features much yet. Hopefully I get some time next week to play.

Ear

I was just banging around in a document. It's pretty slick. So long as everything works and they didn't hide anything, I'm good with it. LOL

I have been very happy with Pitstop 13, this past year, so I am excited to try to find ways to crash the new version. 

DPSprint

arrrrggghhhhhh acrobat and pitstop are driving me to the nuthouse today.

I think i have restarted the software 20 times now, cannot get the selection tool to show me it has selected stuff... ie it shows in the inspector as being selected but no green handles to manipulate. and no pitstop tools will show up, i.e. click on pitstop edit and it does nothing,  it will not bring up the toolbar to move objects etc
 Was halfway through working on some files with images need bleed added and now it just WILL NOT LET ME DO ANYTHING.
Think I'm gonna have to restart machine, and hope that that sorts it out.
It really is crap that the software designers cannot get this to run right, the sticky notes thing really annoys me!
As well as Click on output preview and the whole page just goes grey, unclick it and everything is back again.

Seriously why is it so hard to have stuff at least as good as it used to be? why destroy stuff that used to work fine?

grrrrr...

rant over, for now