leap to 10.12.4...Heeeelp!

Started by frailer, May 07, 2017, 12:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Just got around to needing the scanner driver for the Epson V370 Photo scanner. Downloaded relevant driver. Installed yada...
Easy Find doesn't come up with the app.  :undecided:

This is all that's showing up in Easy Find.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

I suddenly had a thought go through my aging brain. Apple kinda hid some stuf... --> Option click _show enclosing folders.  :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Guess you got it resolved? My only thought was to go to System Preferences ====> Printers and Scanners ===> Scanners tab and it is probably showing up there. And may also be available within Photoshop under 'File menu===>import===>Images from Device...' or something like that if you have it installed on that Mac.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Sort of resolved. Seems I was able to download some sort of no-frills/generic Epson scanner driver, which was fine for this purpose, (a few documents), but not for other stuff down the track, like colour pic scanning, of which we have a drawer full. I do feel old when I look at them, too.

I'll need to have another look at getting the 'proper' driver for that model, if I can.

Joe

If it is an older scanner it may be impossible to get drivers for Sierra.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Got it only about 18 months ago. I think I just haven't been looking in the right places.

steve4

The only constant in printing is change.
Prinergy 8, InSite 7.5, Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 (x2), Heidelberg Harris M-130, Heidelberg Harris M-110, 72" x 120" Therme 5090XL 5-color In-line, 62" x 84" Theime 5060 6-color In-Line, 62" x 120" Kongsberg XL (x2), HP Indigo 7500 (x2), KODAK Digimaster (x2), EFI VUTEk HS125 Pro, EFI VUTEk LX3 PRO, 63" x 126" Inca Onset S40i and a KBA 106 & KBA 205 by end of year.

frailer

Tracy

Did you get your fuji updated as well? Just curious about the Sierra with XMF

AaronH

Quote from: Tracy on May 09, 2017, 07:49:44 AMDid you get your fuji updated as well? Just curious about the Sierra with XMF

Hey Tracy, I'm running OS Sierra in my shop and was running XMF 6.1.2. Finally got our update on XMF in the mail a couple weeks ago and we're now on 6.5.2.2. We haven't had any issues with either version on OS Sierra in my shop.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Tracy

Did Sierra work with 6.1.2?

I haven't updated XMF, just received the upgrade, not sure
about my license being updated this year tho. :(

I see you didn't have a problem with sierra on both versions
Thanks!

I have 2 macs, so when I'm brave enough, I will try it on 1 mac.

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on May 09, 2017, 10:58:07 AMDid Sierra work with 6.1.2?

Yes XMF (6.2.1)  Works fine with 10.12.4.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!