poll

xx

Topic: Embedding fonts in a PDF (Read 962 times) previous topic - next topic

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Re: Embedding fonts in a PDF
Reply #15
And more importantly... WHY the F would a print employer not equip his techs with PitStop?!?! FFS, I run over 100 @ 8up plates per day and I would be dead if not for PitStop. It is arguably my most important tool, definitely indispensable.
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

Quote from: born2print "Well now doesn't that suck petrified possum penis."

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #16
I can't imagine being without it. I started using it at version 4. And still don't tap into about 75% of the power it is capable of.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #17
Yep, I started at v4 too. I've been using more and more features, as the controls and stability improve. 

I do some manual work with it but I really like being able to program actions and preflights, to embed various places. I'm kinda insertive like that.  :rotf:

But yeah, prepress without PitStop would be like roofing without a nail gun... maybe even no shoes too. It would be a tragic experience. Is this turning into an Enfocus appreciation thread? I'm good with that.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #18
With XMF you can even use action lists in your preflight. I wish Prinergy could do that.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
Reply #19
With XMF you can even use action lists in your preflight. I wish Prinergy could do that.
True. And I don't use it mainly because of the low volume nature of our work. We tend to go over stuff via PitStop in Acrobat.

But yeah, a great inclusion.
  • Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:43:11 AM by frailer
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

• abc
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Product Manager, Enfocus
Reply #20
Hi guys, would you mind if I gave some of these quotes to our marketing department?
With a link to the forum of course Joe.....

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #21
Fine with me ABC.

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
Reply #22
Maybe a 'mildly deranged content' warning could go with the marketing dept. heads-up.

There is a possible 'unintended consequences' to this love-in. If they realise how hooked we are on it, the price may go up. Think street price of mind-altering drugs.
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/ScreenPlateRite_Fujifilm ZP processless. 28" Komoris  |  Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #23
Fine with me, abc. Quote away. 

I run Sierra, by Xitron... which is gradually distancing form XMF, but still similar. I embed EnFocus preflights and actions in my workflows. As Frailer points out, I don't use them much on my sheetfed queues or specialty jobs, in favor of handholding, but for fast-paced newsprint stuff, it is super slick to be able to embed actions.

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #24
After learning about the Preflight tool in Acrobat, I have now taught myself how to do nearly everything you can do with PitStop, albeit much. MUCH more clunkier. I DO wish I had PitStop, but my partner has been here for 10+ years and has seniority and says, "why do we need it when we can do almost everything without it." She's just down-and-dirty and moves the shit pile super fast, and the owners just lover her, so I would really, really, really have to have a super complex and detailed answer as to why I NEED PitStop. At this point, it would only be if it were super cheap, because I can't sell my partner.

Believe me, PitStop is much, much faster and easier, but they don't want to slow down for the "learning curve."

Dinosaurs, man.
"Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in or coming out of my ass?!"
― Eric Cartman

"Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!"
- Stan Marsh

"You Bastards!"
-Kyle Broflovski

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

• Farabomb
  • [*][*][*]
  • #NoLivesMatter
Reply #25
So, how is it burning film in the vacuum frame over there? Does developer and fixer still smell the same as I remember it?

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

• david
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • WTF?
Reply #26
I love the smell of fixer in the morning...  it reminds me of victory.

god that smell is forever burned in my nose.
  :banana:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #27
We don't have a vacuum frame. Both offset presses are 2-color, with a single blanket, and they run poly plates. We party like it's 1999.
"Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in or coming out of my ass?!"
― Eric Cartman

"Oh My God! They Killed Kenny!"
- Stan Marsh

"You Bastards!"
-Kyle Broflovski

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway