by Tracy
October 11, 2017, 05:24:50 PM

Topic: Embedding fonts in a PDF (Read 711 times) previous topic - next topic

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Re: Embedding fonts in a PDF
Reply #15
And more importantly... WHY the F would a print employer not equip his techs with PitStop?!?! FFS, I run over 100 @ 8up plates per day and I would be dead if not for PitStop. It is arguably my most important tool, definitely indispensable.
Quote: Skryber  "FreeHand sucks ferocious porcupine balls!"

Quote from: born2print "Well now doesn't that suck petrified possum penis."

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #16
I can't imagine being without it. I started using it at version 4. And still don't tap into about 75% of the power it is capable of.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #17
Yep, I started at v4 too. I've been using more and more features, as the controls and stability improve. 

I do some manual work with it but I really like being able to program actions and preflights, to embed various places. I'm kinda insertive like that.  :rotf:

But yeah, prepress without PitStop would be like roofing without a nail gun... maybe even no shoes too. It would be a tragic experience. Is this turning into an Enfocus appreciation thread? I'm good with that.

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #18
With XMF you can even use action lists in your preflight. I wish Prinergy could do that.
Mac OS 10.12 Sierra | Prinergy 7.5 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2017 | Two Luscher XPose 160 CTP units

Prepress: One who does precision guess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
Reply #19
With XMF you can even use action lists in your preflight. I wish Prinergy could do that.
True. And I don't use it mainly because of the low volume nature of our work. We tend to go over stuff via PitStop in Acrobat.

But yeah, a great inclusion.
  • Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 05:43:11 AM by frailer
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

• abc
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • Senior Product Manager, Enfocus
Reply #20
Hi guys, would you mind if I gave some of these quotes to our marketing department?
With a link to the forum of course Joe.....

• Joe
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Master of Nothing
Reply #21
Fine with me ABC.

• frailer
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • Sydney, OZ.
Reply #22
Maybe a 'mildly deranged content' warning could go with the marketing dept. heads-up.

There is a possible 'unintended consequences' to this love-in. If they realise how hooked we are on it, the price may go up. Think street price of mind-altering drugs.
Fujifilm XMF/AdobeCC/PitStop Pro/Black Magic/Luxel V6 violet 'setter. 28" Komoris   |    Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too old for this.. but.. there's that question of income. And lack of it if I stop.
~~~~~~

• Ear
  • [*][*][*]
  • Fiya wata
Reply #23
Fine with me, abc. Quote away. 

I run Sierra, by Xitron... which is gradually distancing form XMF, but still similar. I embed EnFocus preflights and actions in my workflows. As Frailer points out, I don't use them much on my sheetfed queues or specialty jobs, in favor of handholding, but for fast-paced newsprint stuff, it is super slick to be able to embed actions.

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #24
After learning about the Preflight tool in Acrobat, I have now taught myself how to do nearly everything you can do with PitStop, albeit much. MUCH more clunkier. I DO wish I had PitStop, but my partner has been here for 10+ years and has seniority and says, "why do we need it when we can do almost everything without it." She's just down-and-dirty and moves the shit pile super fast, and the owners just lover her, so I would really, really, really have to have a super complex and detailed answer as to why I NEED PitStop. At this point, it would only be if it were super cheap, because I can't sell my partner.

Believe me, PitStop is much, much faster and easier, but they don't want to slow down for the "learning curve."

Dinosaurs, man.
Peon/Cog

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria."
― Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

• Farabomb
  • [*][*][*]
  • #NoLivesMatter
Reply #25
So, how is it burning film in the vacuum frame over there? Does developer and fixer still smell the same as I remember it?

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

It's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         --Benjamin Franklin

My other job

• david
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Global Moderator
  • WTF?
Reply #26
I love the smell of fixer in the morning...  it reminds me of victory.

god that smell is forever burned in my nose.
  :banana:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time

• DigiCorn
  • [*][*][*]
  • A legend in my own mind
Reply #27
We don't have a vacuum frame. Both offset presses are 2-color, with a single blanket, and they run poly plates. We party like it's 1999.
Peon/Cog

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria."
― Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway