Adobe Creative Cloud Price Increases

Started by Joe, March 15, 2018, 03:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Possum on May 15, 2018, 07:44:00 AMI have a feeling they won't even let you go back to the individual accounts if they get less money for them.

The whole pricing structure doesn't make sense. Individual accounts are more cumbersome to manage from their end also, so you should get a price break, not an increase. I guess it's a feature, not a bug.

I don't think there is anyway they could stop it. We just stop the payments on the Teams account and sign up for an individual account for 11 different users. Then we will have to make 11 different payments for each user. More work on our end but worth it in the long run. When we first signed up for it years ago we were going to go with individual accounts but Adobe recommended for that many users it was easier for us to admin with a Teams account and they gave it to us at the time for $36 per month which was cheaper than the individual accounts. But every year since then we've been getting less and less discounts. The past year we were paying $66.49 which is a 5% discount and we were guaranteed a 10% discount for the following two years. Now it seems the price has gone up to $79.99 with no 10% discount as promised to us when we renewed last year.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on May 15, 2018, 07:53:28 AMI don't think there is anyway they could stop it. We just stop the payments on the Teams account and sign up for an individual account for 11 different users. Then we will have to make 11 different payments for each user. More work on our end but worth it in the long run. When we first signed up for it years ago we were going to go with individual accounts but Adobe recommended for that many users it was easier for us to admin with a Teams account and they gave it to us at the time for $36 per month which was cheaper than the individual accounts. But every year since then we've been getting less and less discounts. The past year we were paying $66.49 which is a 5% discount and we were guaranteed a 10% discount for the following two years. Now it seems the price has gone up to $79.99 with no 10% discount as promised to us when we renewed last year.

That seems pretty messed up - do you have a written contract with them stating the "guaranteed 10% savings for the following 2 years"? (even an email from a sales rep would hold up in court) They would have a legal obligation if you do.

Edit: unless of course their fine print says "we reserve the right to increase pricing at anytime, for any reason, and will not be obligated to any contracted agreements"  (read as "this contract is not really a contract, but rather, a veil intended to pull the wool over our valued customer's eyes.")
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on May 15, 2018, 08:21:51 AMThat seems pretty messed up - do you have a written contract with them stating the "guaranteed 10% savings for the following 2 years"? (even an email from a sales rep would hold up in court) They would have a legal obligation if you do.

Edit: unless of course their fine print says "we reserve the right to increase pricing at anytime, for any reason, and will not be obligated to any contracted agreements"  (read as "this contract is not really a contract, but rather, a veil intended to pull the wool over our valued customer's eyes.")

That sounds familiar. :rotf:

I know we have the email about it from the Adobe rep. My boss will be contacting them but even if they give us a 10% discount the price is still going to go up to $71.99 per month per user. $49.99 sounds much better.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on May 15, 2018, 08:32:25 AMThat sounds familiar. :rotf:

I know we have the email about it from the Adobe rep. My boss will be contacting them but even if they give us a 10% discount the price is still going to go up to $71.99 per month per user. $49.99 sounds much better.

Depending on how the guaranteed 10% discount is worded, and the negotiation abilities of your boss - maybe you can get 10% off the $49.99 individual price...   :rotf:   
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on May 15, 2018, 09:28:00 AM
Quote from: Joe on May 15, 2018, 08:32:25 AMThat sounds familiar. :rotf:

Depending on how the guaranteed 10% discount is worded, and the negotiation abilities of your boss - maybe you can get 10% off the $49.99 individual price...   :rotf:

Yeah I know they aren't going to give us that. Last year it was like pulling teeth to get the 5% off of the $69.99 price.

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on May 14, 2018, 11:11:46 AM
Quote from: Santa on May 14, 2018, 11:00:42 AM
Quote from: Joe on May 14, 2018, 09:53:05 AMWe just got our new invoice order and they say ours is jumping up to $79.99 per month per user for the Team plan. We have 11 users which means we are going to have to pay $10,558.68 per year for the pleasure of using the Adobe products.

Guess it's time to buy Adobe stock.

Or try something else. Has anyone ever heard of or used Lucidpress?
I do not, but may I recommend  - Canva?  :lmao:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

So over the years we have created different vendors for our Creative Cloud account. The original one was through PC MALL. We get a really good price at the time. Came time to renew and buying from Adobe was cheaper at that time. Next time to renew it was cheaper to join the VIP Select plan so we basically have 3 different CC for Teams plans listed in our account but we are only using one of them. So yesterday I start a support chat with 'Swati' and told her I need the two that were not in use deleted as to be less confusing dealing with all of this shit. She told me no problem but they were unable to delete the one through PC MALL and that I would have to get them to cancel the plan before they can delete and that I needed to get that done and then they would move it to the next support level to get the unused plans removed. So they gave me an email address of SomeIndian@adobe.com to contact to cancel the plan at PC MALL. MY first plan if it is someone at Adobe that has to cancel the plan why can't they just do it from where I was yesterday. Bu alas...I have to contact SomeIndian@adobe.com to get it canceled so I fire off an email to him. Later I got a voice mail from him to call him because they need a reason why I want to cancel the plan. So I call and he isn't there so I left a voice mail and told him the reason why.

In the mean time this morning I get an invoice for the first month of a 12 month commitment for one user of CC for Teams on one of the plans I was trying to get rid of yesterday. :wtf:

Spent another hour on support to get that canceled. I think I got it canceled but I wouldn't bet it on it.

Then I get to work and a brand new Dell PC we put in one of the offices a week ago won't boot. No hard drive detected. So had to open a support case with Dell and spent another hour wasted.

This is why I would rather take a beating than deal with support from any damned company on the planet. Just shoot me an get it over with already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

:shoots_self:  :shoots_self:  :shoots_self:  :shoots_self:  :shoots_self:  :shoots_self:  :shoots_self:

wonderings

I really hope Affinity keeps pushing their software and upgrading it till it becomes a viable alternative to Adobe CC. I hate the forced subscription model but love the software. Any email I get to take a poll from Adobe I always make sure I mention my distaste for being forced to rent from them even if it has nothing to do with that.

Joe

Quote from: wonderings on May 17, 2018, 11:49:56 AMI really hope Affinity keeps pushing their software and upgrading it till it becomes a viable alternative to Adobe CC. I hate the forced subscription model but love the software. Any email I get to take a poll from Adobe I always make sure I mention my distaste for being forced to rent from them even if it has nothing to do with that.

I can tell you exactly how that is going to work. Once Affinity releases their page layout app Adobe will offer them a buttload of cash for all 3 products which no one in their right mind can refuse and Adobe will kill them off.

Game over.

David

Quote from: Joe on May 17, 2018, 11:49:33 AMThis is why I would rather take a beating than deal with support from any damned company on the planet. Just shoot me an get it over with already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Do me a favor and if you get a chance, call HostGator.....

thankyouverymuch.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

David

damn...

ok, call AT&T and fix my cable....

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

If they don't have a thick Indian accent I won't be able to understand them.

:facepalm:

Fontaholic

Quote from: Santa on May 14, 2018, 11:00:42 AMWe just got our new invoice order and they say ours is jumping up to $79.99 per month per user for the Team plan. We have 11 users which means we are going to have to pay $10,558.68 per year for the pleasure of using the Adobe products.

Guess it's time to buy Adobe stock.

Or some lube...

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Designia(o_O)

FYI, got my free version of CS2 to work with Windows10. Just sayin'  :jammin:  :jammin: