How's that Cloud Treating You? and Adobe was hacked (merged threads)

Started by Slappy, October 03, 2013, 07:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

I got a ridiculously large envelope in the mail from the Arbor Day Foundation (continued junk mail from Mother Earth News) that's filled with several sheets of paper, a fake test booklet, a sheet of address labels & calendar with a fake name on them (McButtercup Family), and an offer for four free trees if I donate $10. lol

Going straight into the trash.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Possum

McButtercup - there's your new screen name the next time you want to join a website just to screw with people.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Grimace

Quote from: gnubler on January 28, 2014, 02:00:30 PMI got a ridiculously large envelope in the mail from the Arbor Day Foundation (continued junk mail from Mother Earth News) that's filled with several sheets of paper, a fake test booklet, a sheet of address labels & calendar with a fake name on them (McButtercup Family), and an offer for four free trees if I donate $10. lol

Going straight into the trash.

You should have donated. Those trees are next weeks garbage after all.

gnubler

Mother Earth is the absolute worst, which is why I didn't renew my subscription. I had to get off their email list because they were sending "helpful newsletters" almost every day. They obviously sold my mailing address because now I get tons of junk mail for the McButtercup Family (my hippie name).

gnubler

David

if the government did, it would be in the millions of dollars
Livin' la Vida Loca

Possum

Just text "tree" to 555-0432, and you'll be donating $10 to the tree fund. In return, we'll e-mail you four free trees.

Wonder how many idiots would actually be waiting for the e-mailed trees.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

Quote from: gnubler on January 28, 2014, 02:10:04 PMIt doesn't cost money to plant a tree.
Some cities will provide trees for free if you plant and maintain them, nice choices too.
We use live-in-pot Christmas trees so after Newyears, I give them to a friend with property and he plants them, when he doesn't want them I call the city and they plant them in a park. They really do too, I've checked. Some of my 2' trees are big enough to sit in their shade now.  :cool:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

gnubler

Quote from: david on January 28, 2014, 02:12:01 PMif the government did, it would be in the millions of dollars

Yes, for just one tree. You have to factor in the logistics of transporting the tree, local climate studies, signage, various permits, and a day's salary for eight men to plant it (one man will be holding an umbrella to shade the guy doing the grunt work). Meanwhile, China just constructed 87 factories and enough high rise dormitories to house 5 million workers. :laugh: