News:

Main Menu

RIP Font Explorer X

Started by DCurry, June 30, 2022, 10:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Got this today:

FontExplorer X by Monotype has provided you with many years of sophisticated font management. But like all software, the product has become more difficult to maintain with its age, and we've decided to prepare FontExplorer X for retirement. 

Your software will continue to work as usual, but please be aware it will not be updated or supported after June 30th, 2023, and won't be sold after June 30th, 2022.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

So disappointed - for years I limped along with the free version, and just a month ago I upgraded to Catalina so the free version no longer worked at all and I was just getting ready to purchase FontExplorer this week. I guess I still could have, but with no future support or updates what's the point?
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway