Enfocus Pitstop 2020 - remove white lines from pdf file

Started by metlife, December 28, 2020, 02:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I've never seen atomic regions in a PDF that hasn't been flattened.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

DCurry

I've seen very complex all-vector art with gradients and crazy stuff (no flattening) and have it show lines like that onscreen. If there were actual flattening going on wouldn't the atomic regions be rectangular? Yet 2 of those white lines are curves.

We'll never really know until we get a PDF that we can analyze.

(I could be wrong = wouldn't be the first time, certainly won't be the last!)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

David

it looks to be a couple of radial gradients, one with the color going light to dark, and the other is just the opposite, on top of each other, which is transparency at it's finest.
If these are in a circular mask, that's possibly where the curved atomic regions come from.

but, I could be wrong, it's only small sample of the page.

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DCurry

I'm not ruling out live transparency, just doubting that it is a flattening issue.

Joe

Quote from: DCurry on January 04, 2021, 01:10:15 PM
I've seen very complex all-vector art with gradients and crazy stuff (no flattening) and have it show lines like that onscreen. If there were actual flattening going on wouldn't the atomic regions be rectangular? Yet 2 of those white lines are curves.

We'll never really know until we get a PDF that we can analyze.

(I could be wrong = wouldn't be the first time, certainly won't be the last!)

Same here about being wrong. My wife will testify to that! :rotf:

I have seen atomic regions that aren't rectangular. But yes with a sample PDF it will be a mystery.

metlife

Quote from: Joe on January 04, 2021, 02:00:07 PM
I have seen atomic regions that aren't rectangular. But yes with a sample PDF it will be a mystery.

Joe, I appologize that it took so much time. I've got a pdf file that I can send it to You. Please, just tell me how can I send this pdf as a private message to You?

Joe

Quote from: metlife on January 05, 2021, 11:10:05 AM

Joe, I appologize that it took so much time. I've got a pdf file that I can send it to You. Please, just tell me how can I send this pdf as a private message to You?

Easiest way would be to upload it to https://wetransfer.com/ and send it to my email address which is joe at b4print dot com

metlife

Quote from: Joe on January 05, 2021, 12:06:56 PM
Quote from: metlife on January 05, 2021, 11:10:05 AM

Easiest way would be to upload it to https://wetransfer.com/ and send it to my email address which is joe at b4print dot com
Joe, I've just send You this pdf file. Please keep this file confidential and not distribute it anywhere. Otherwise, I might get into trouble at my job.

Joe

Quote from: metlife on January 05, 2021, 12:47:23 PM
Joe, I've just send You this pdf file. Please keep this file confidential and not distribute it anywhere. Otherwise, I might get into trouble at my job.

OK I will look at it when I get a few minutes.

abc

David

excuse me, do you have a security clearance to be reading this?

for Joe's eyes only

Bond, Joe Bond

shaken not stirred

:lmao:

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Ummmm metlife....I never received a link at my email for this PDF. You didn't actually use the email address spelled exactly as "joe at b4print dot com" did you? All spaces need removed and "at" changed to @ and "dot" changed to .

metlife

Quote from: Joe on January 05, 2021, 04:17:54 PM
Ummmm metlife....I never received a link at my email for this PDF. You didn't actually use the email address spelled exactly as "joe at b4print dot com" did you? All spaces need removed and "at" changed to @ and "dot" changed to .
Joe yes indeed. I might look stupid but only look ;) I've send it to joe@b4print.com. I've also just send You a link to Your mail.