Driver for Konica Minolta Bizhub 1200

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, April 28, 2022, 11:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

I feel like this might be a shot in the dark but here goes.

We were printing from a Windows 7 that had to be erased and it was reinstalled with Windows 10.

After downloading the 1200 driver we found that many of the options were not in the controller, it's not a rip, its just a print driver. Anyone else ever ran into this?

DigiCorn

Well... no... not exactly...

Back in the before, I had a Canon 110 ImageRunner that ran off a Solaris device. The device could be programmed via Solaris, but the interface was easier and more accurately programmed via a front end that was ONLY compatible with Windows XP... you know for tabs, color sheets, drilling, stitching, etc. We had to leave a dedicated XP box on the network for the sole purpose of programming that 110. Well, also for the plug-in of Quite that we had too...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on April 28, 2022, 11:04:29 AMI feel like this might be a shot in the dark but here goes.

We were printing from a Windows 7 that had to be erased and it was reinstalled with Windows 10.

After downloading the 1200 driver we found that many of the options were not in the controller, it's not a rip, its just a print driver. Anyone else ever ran into this?
Happens a lot with older devices where the manufacturer only supports it up through a certain version of operating system. You are probably lucky they had just the basic driver for Windows 10. Usually they don't update it past the OS that was king when they released the device.

Before I retired I had to update all Macs to at least Catalina...the rest to Big Sur. To be able to print to our old lasetjet printers we had to use the AirPrint option from within OS X because HP doesn't have drivers for those old printers for anything past Mojave.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

You *could* log into the IP address of the press, and there *might* be an interface to communicate with... maybe... with limited functionality...
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on April 28, 2022, 11:04:29 AMI feel like this might be a shot in the dark but here goes.

Quick question...why you didn't just re-install Windows 7 on this machine?

pspdfppdfxhd

It's supposed to be an UPGRADE! There were other reasons we had to move up the OS.

On another note, I managed to download the driver for a Mac (high sierra) and if it worked all would be ok but it's not sending jobs to the printer. Hooked it up using it's IP address but no go. It seems to be picking up all the trays on the unit and the windows driver on 10 was not.

When we call the company we have the service contract with and tell them we can't print anything I will bet you they will find someone to sort it out. Just a hunch. No click charges might kick start the process.

Joe

You checked that the printer on High Sierra was not paused? Rebooted the High Sierra Mac after installing the printer?

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes and no. Maybe a reboot should be in order. ;D

Thanks for hanging around to help us poor soldiers still in the prepress trenches!

Tracy

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, but the Konica does not have a RIP, just a print driver, i believe you need a server to connect.

Tracy

ah yes, I was going to suggest drag and drop
we have a BW Konica without a rip, that I just put jobs in a folder for the copy guy to print from