keyboard shortcuts

Started by agent_orange, April 11, 2008, 08:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent_orange

I've been creating my own shortcuts for oft-used menu items. I don't like some of the default shortcuts so I create my own that are easy, and easy to remember. Is it just me, or is "package" not available? I don't even see it in the keyboard shortcut list. I'm going to "edit->keyboard shortcuts. "product area" is "file menu". It goes from "open" to "pdf presets" to "place". Is package hidden somewhere else? I'm on cs3...

DigitalCrapShoveler

Wow, you're right. I even dug around a little... nothing.
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

If you click show set, and can figure out a way to add it to the text file and then get Indesign to recognize it, but I couldnt get Indesign to recognize..  :sad: I fail..
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

agent_orange

Damn. I stumped DCS & Ninja? If Joe or Jezza can't figure it out I pull a hat trick...

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

first one to solve it buys the rest of us a beer!
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

agent_orange

I can get behind that. Good beer, too. No Beast, no Natty, no champagne of beers...

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: agent_orange on April 11, 2008, 09:27:15 AMI can get behind that. Good beer, too. No Beast, no Natty, no champagne of beers...

Hey Miller High Life  IS THE BOMBDIGGITY!!    oh wait..   No no, Im right Miller High Life..  yea, Im living the Miller High Life RIGHT NOW.. :hemp:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Okay. got it. Instead of looking for Package... try Preflight. Package comes right up, after Preflighting of course. Other than that, all versions of ID are about the same. The only difference, Package for GoLive in previous versions.
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

You owe us all a beer.

Whodathunk that Adobe would be using their noggin??   Make 'em "preflight" BEFORE they "package"..   its genius I tells ya.  Good One!  :lipsrsealed:

agent_orange

Yeah... I thought about that. I was going to make a shortcut strictly to package to use it when I'm done with a job as the first step in archiving. Since the job has already been output there's no need to preflight, it's already been done, but I guess it won't kill me to take an extra second or two. Thanks, DCS, line me up on a Guinness...

DigitalCrapShoveler

Taking orders... Guinness for Agent, PB you want a beer or this? Puff, Puff.
Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 11, 2008, 09:46:35 AMTaking orders... Guinness for Agent, PB you want a beer or this? Puff, Puff.

Newcastle, my good man....   AND I'll gladly "hit that"...   

Joe

Quote from: agent_orange on April 11, 2008, 09:44:39 AMYeah... I thought about that. I was going to make a shortcut strictly to package to use it when I'm done with a job as the first step in archiving. Since the job has already been output there's no need to preflight, it's already been done, but I guess it won't kill me to take an extra second or two. Thanks, DCS, line me up on a Guinness...

Or you could just remember the default shortcut of SHIFT+OPTION+COMMAND+P. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe  on April 11, 2008, 10:03:38 AM
Quote from: agent_orange on April 11, 2008, 09:44:39 AMYeah... I thought about that. I was going to make a shortcut strictly to package to use it when I'm done with a job as the first step in archiving. Since the job has already been output there's no need to preflight, it's already been done, but I guess it won't kill me to take an extra second or two. Thanks, DCS, line me up on a Guinness...

Or you could just remember the default shortcut of SHIFT+OPTION+COMMAND+P. :laugh:

You know Joe, I thought the same thing, but Agent wants to change it, and it is weird Adobe didn't stick it in there without Preflighting.
Member #285 - Civilian